A Bielefelder Thread !

Yes, that is exactly what I thought as well. When the breeder sold the chicks to me she said that one "might be" a Bielefelder but she did not say hybrid. Still, I am fine because the chicks are healthy, I am not a breeder (yet...... I am reading and being tempted), and I was looking for sweet natured chicks for my already sweet natured flock. The top chick is worrying me. Though I live on acreage, the builder of our neighbor's home put their house as close to ours as legally possible, mere feet away. The neighbors are very elderly (Korean War Vet) and in very very poor health. I can't have a rooster being noisy because of this. And I can't kill a chicken or give it away knowing it will be killed. Hopefully the top chick is just what an Ameraucana/Cream Legbar hen looks like at 2 1/2 weeks. There are not many photos to help me know. One thing about chickens that has surprised me... I am loving raising and stewarding these animals way more than I expected. :)

Yeah...I'd be keeping a close eye on that top one if I were you. It's looking rather "boyish" to me. And I know what you mean about discovering "chicken love". I have over 80 chickens now because I love them so much.
wink.png

Yeah...I'd be keeping a close eye on that top one if I were you. It's looking rather "boyish" to me. And I know what you mean about discovering "chicken love". I have over 80 chickens now because I love them so much.
wink.png
Yes.... looks like a boy to me too!
idunno.gif

@jbkirk No kidding - there's a standard on how many points? That's a new one on me. Where are you citing this from?

4-6 points on a roo. below is a copy and paste from facebook group: Bielefelder Poultry Fanciers

Collin is trying to decipher the german into English.

in the files of this group is a pdf file called: rassebeschreibung.pdf (this pdf file is in german.)

Bielefelder SOP

Collin M Abler·Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Bielefelder characteristic chicken

Origin:
Greater Bielefelder came to its own in the 70s of the 20th century.

Importance:
Fast Growing, weather tough, featuring colored chicken with significant egg production brown, large
eggs. Daun color of day-old chicks: Stopcock ocher (a pale brownish yellow color) yellow with light
brown back stripe and white Sperber(Sparrow Hawk) spot on the head. Henn Chick light brown with
rich dark brown back stripe and small Sperber(Sparrow Hawk) spot on the head.

Overall impression:
Big Chicken with straight and long topline and tail blunt angle; less made as moderate; possible no legs
showing.

Breed Hahn (Rooster):
Hull: roller-shaped extension; worn horizontally.
Neck: slightly curved; vigorously; with full curtain.
Back: Long; horizontally.
Shoulders: broad,not prominent; well rounded.
Wings: medium in size; tightly closed; snugly worn; at the bow slightly arched.
Saddle: broad; laterally rounded; full curtain; without cushion formation.
Tail: carried at an obtuse angle; Feathers wide; covered by the medium-long pruning.
Chest: deep and wide; slightly bulging with good rounding.
Belly: full; wide; widely protruding.
Head: excessively large.
Face: unbefiedert; bright red.
Crest: easy; 4-6, up to half of the comb blade, cut spikes; Crest flag not lying.
Wattles: oval; corresponding in size to the relationship with the comb.
Ear flap: elongate; medium-sized; red.
Eyes: orange.
Beak: strong; medium; yellowish horn color.
Leg: short; hidden for the most part in the side feathers.
Legs: medium; unbefiedert; yellow.
Toes: straight; good spread.
Plumage: moderately wide spring; slight leg cushion formation allowed.

Breed hen:
Equivalent to the rooster to the contingent by gender differences. Great emphasis is placed on a deep,
broad and slightly bulging chest. Wide, full, very pronounced belly. The long and horizontally carried
back is at an obtuse angle on the tail. In laying hens a faded yellow of runs and a slightly surrounding
crest flag are allowed.

Gross errors breed:
Triangular or high geschossener (very closed), lighter and thinner hull;short or hollow round back; flat,
highly worn chest; Ball cock; to high position; WHITE IN EAR FLAPS; not sufficiently pronounced
abdomen in the female.

Color strokes:
Sperber(Sparrow Hawk) characteristics:
HAHN(Rooster): cervical and saturated same slope, upper back, shoulders and elytra (Wing) tired
reddish yellow with light gray Sperberung (Barred). Light gray tint allowed in the back.Secondaries
cuckoo gray, white and yellow-brown. Chest and abdomen yellow to light reddish with brighter
Sperberung(Barred), lighter gray tinge not faulty. The tail is cuckoo gray, brown tinge is permitted.
HEN: Approximately lightened rust-colored coat partridge feathers with fluffy Sperber(Sparrow Hawk)
drawing which may occur on the wing covers as bright Tupfung. Narrow goldiger feather edge allows.
Neck hackle gold color with stem strokes, which are easily broken by phantom light gray Sperberung.
Breast color reddish yellow.
Severe faults: HAHN (Rooster): gray cuckoo chest and tummy and missing yellow tint in the jacket
plumage; sooty neck hackle; white wings; one or more pure white crescents.HEN: Stark pronounced
gray shade in the jacket plumage; black head; black color retention in the thoracic, abdominal and
back area; other than reddish yellow breast color.

Silver characteristic Sperber(Sparrow Hawk):
HAHN (Rooster): head, neck and saturated same slope silver white with an embedded gray, hawk-like
drawing in the infield of the springs. Back, shoulders and wing coverts silvery white with more or less
concealed gray Sperberung(Barred).Feathers, primaries and secondaries inner webs of the spring size
corresponding with unclear, gross Sperberung(Barred). Secondaries on the outside banner silver white,
the wing triangle forming. The larger wing coverts (binding) dark gray cuckoo, partly with white
outseam.Chest, legs, belly and tail in the alternation of light and dark gray slightly arched, without
sharp demarcation, cuckoo.
HEN: Head and neck hackle silver white, dark neck permitted with dark gray hawk drawing
featherweight infield. Breast salmon to reddish yellow, white spots for the time being permitted to
individual feathers. Body plumage in the alternation of light and dark gray slightly arched, without
sharp demarcation, cuckoo and some with lighter gray trickling. Narrow silvery feather edge allows.
Swing and tail feathers a bit darker, with unclear, gross Sperberung(Barred).
Severe faults: HAHN(Rooster): Yellow tinge; missing Sperberung(Barred) in the ears; Rust on elytra.
HEN: brown deposits on the head and in the jacket plumage; Rust in the wings;missing Sperberung
(Barred) the neck hackle; black mind.

Weights: Hahn( Rooster)3-4 kg(6-9lbs), hen from 2.5 to 3.25 kg.(5-7lbs)
Hatching eggs Weight: 60 g.
Skin color of the eggs: Brown.
Sperber also possibly meaning Gray
Ring sizes: Hahn (Rooster) 22, Henne(hen)20th

4-6 points on a roo. below is a copy and paste from facebook group: Bielefelder Poultry Fanciers Collin is trying to decipher the german into English. in the files of this group is a pdf file called: rassebeschreibung.pdf (this pdf file is in german.) Bielefelder SOP

[COLOR=0066CC]Collin M Abler[/COLOR]·[COLOR=0066CC]Wednesday, April 13, 2016[/COLOR] Bielefelder characteristic chicken Origin: Greater Bielefelder came to its own in the 70s of the 20th century. Importance: Fast Growing, weather tough, featuring colored chicken with significant egg production brown, large eggs. Daun color of day-old chicks: Stopcock ocher (a pale brownish yellow color) yellow with light brown back stripe and white Sperber(Sparrow Hawk) spot on the head. Henn Chick light brown with rich dark brown back stripe and small Sperber(Sparrow Hawk) spot on the head. Overall impression: Big Chicken with straight and long topline and tail blunt angle; less made as moderate; possible no legs showing. Breed Hahn (Rooster): Hull: roller-shaped extension; worn horizontally. Neck: slightly curved; vigorously; with full curtain. Back: Long; horizontally. Shoulders: broad,not prominent; well rounded. Wings: medium in size; tightly closed; snugly worn; at the bow slightly arched. Saddle: broad; laterally rounded; full curtain; without cushion formation. Tail: carried at an obtuse angle; Feathers wide; covered by the medium-long pruning. Chest: deep and wide; slightly bulging with good rounding. Belly: full; wide; widely protruding. Head: excessively large. Face: unbefiedert; bright red. Crest: easy; 4-6, up to half of the comb blade, cut spikes; Crest flag not lying. Wattles: oval; corresponding in size to the relationship with the comb. Ear flap: elongate; medium-sized; red. Eyes: orange. Beak: strong; medium; yellowish horn color. Leg: short; hidden for the most part in the side feathers. Legs: medium; unbefiedert; yellow. Toes: straight; good spread. Plumage: moderately wide spring; slight leg cushion formation allowed. Breed hen: Equivalent to the rooster to the contingent by gender differences. Great emphasis is placed on a deep, broad and slightly bulging chest. Wide, full, very pronounced belly. The long and horizontally carried back is at an obtuse angle on the tail. In laying hens a faded yellow of runs and a slightly surrounding crest flag are allowed. Gross errors breed: Triangular or high geschossener (very closed), lighter and thinner hull;short or hollow round back; flat, highly worn chest; Ball cock; to high position; WHITE IN EAR FLAPS; not sufficiently pronounced abdomen in the female. Color strokes: Sperber(Sparrow Hawk) characteristics: HAHN(Rooster): cervical and saturated same slope, upper back, shoulders and elytra (Wing) tired reddish yellow with light gray Sperberung (Barred). Light gray tint allowed in the back.Secondaries cuckoo gray, white and yellow-brown. Chest and abdomen yellow to light reddish with brighter Sperberung(Barred), lighter gray tinge not faulty. The tail is cuckoo gray, brown tinge is permitted. HEN: Approximately lightened rust-colored coat partridge feathers with fluffy Sperber(Sparrow Hawk) drawing which may occur on the wing covers as bright Tupfung. Narrow goldiger feather edge allows. Neck hackle gold color with stem strokes, which are easily broken by phantom light gray Sperberung. Breast color reddish yellow. Severe faults: HAHN (Rooster): gray cuckoo chest and tummy and missing yellow tint in the jacket plumage; sooty neck hackle; white wings; one or more pure white crescents.HEN: Stark pronounced gray shade in the jacket plumage; black head; black color retention in the thoracic, abdominal and back area; other than reddish yellow breast color. Silver characteristic Sperber(Sparrow Hawk): HAHN (Rooster): head, neck and saturated same slope silver white with an embedded gray, hawk-like drawing in the infield of the springs. Back, shoulders and wing coverts silvery white with more or less concealed gray Sperberung(Barred).Feathers, primaries and secondaries inner webs of the spring size corresponding with unclear, gross Sperberung(Barred). Secondaries on the outside banner silver white, the wing triangle forming. The larger wing coverts (binding) dark gray cuckoo, partly with white outseam.Chest, legs, belly and tail in the alternation of light and dark gray slightly arched, without sharp demarcation, cuckoo. HEN: Head and neck hackle silver white, dark neck permitted with dark gray hawk drawing featherweight infield. Breast salmon to reddish yellow, white spots for the time being permitted to individual feathers. Body plumage in the alternation of light and dark gray slightly arched, without sharp demarcation, cuckoo and some with lighter gray trickling. Narrow silvery feather edge allows. Swing and tail feathers a bit darker, with unclear, gross Sperberung(Barred). Severe faults: HAHN(Rooster): Yellow tinge; missing Sperberung(Barred) in the ears; Rust on elytra. HEN: brown deposits on the head and in the jacket plumage; Rust in the wings;missing Sperberung (Barred) the neck hackle; black mind. Weights: Hahn( Rooster)3-4 kg(6-9lbs), hen from 2.5 to 3.25 kg.(5-7lbs) Hatching eggs Weight: 60 g. Skin color of the eggs: Brown. Sperber also possibly meaning Gray Ring sizes: Hahn (Rooster) 22, Henne(hen)20th
Can someone email the German pdf to me? I'm bilingual in German and English and would like to read the German version.

Can someone email the German pdf to me?
I'm bilingual in German and English and would like to read the German version.
a copy and paste from facebook group: Bielefelder Poultry Fanciers

in the files of this group is a pdf file called: rassebeschreibung.pdf (this pdf file is in german.)

go to facebook and do a search for "Bielefelder Poultry Fanciers"

then under the main picture, there is a tab called "Files"

click on tab for "Files"

click on link: rassebeschreibung.pdf

Yes but I think it's actually 4-6 points and its from the German Standard. It was posted to this thread a while back and I think Green fire farms posted it on their website under Bielefelders.
I do not believe the last part of the comb is counted as a point, the very end that is.

Back
Top Bottom