A BYC CHANGE OVER REALITY. All need to read.

On the home page the problem is not as bad, partly because the topic headers are bolded and larger font. But the intensity of the blue bars or the width is creating such a contrast against the white background it is causing eye strain.

On the topics page are headers bolded but a smaller font and against the white is very difficult to read.

Its just too much bright blue and bright white. And the font does appear smaller on my monitor. Is it a trick of the eye because of the color choices, I have no clue. I just know that it hurts to be on this site for more than a couple of minutes. Much of this could be solved by changing to black or finding a way to tone down the white. Enlarging the fonts on topics pages.

I'm sorry, visually, this site is not the same as the old one for me. I use both FF and IE and they appear the same on both.

2nd this, I don't think it's just your monitor. I am having the same problem where it hurts just to look at the page.

I completely understand the need for a new platform, but perhaps the colors could be toned down to make them more eye friendly.

Please have those people contact support so their issues can be addressed. Complaining to you does nothing to improve or catagorize consensus. That and issues need details to rack issues down.

The whole sentience was,

Quote: They were not complaining to me, they asking a question about other poultry forums.

To be honest I would not give there name to anyone and violate there privacy and loose there trust in me whether they were complaining or not.

Chris

Quote: Here is the whole thing and it reads like you where receiving complaints. We never asked you to turn over information but to get them to contact support for assistance. If we don't get detailed feedback we can't address platform issues. That is a reality we face on this end.

Last edited:
bad spellers take note, you can right click and use the spell correct, you just have to also hold the control key.

Because we use a fully WYSIWYG (What you See is What You Get) editor, the right click is needed to be able to pull up image and table properties, cut and paste, etc. However, fear not. There is a work-around to be able to keep using it.

If you hold ctrl (PC) or Command (Mac) when you right click in Firefox, it will treat the right click as though it's outside of the text editor.

This is an extra step for folks, but the idea was to provide the power of the context sensitive menus in the editor (to align images, add borders, color table cells, etc.) but also enable you to take advantage of Firefox's spell check.

It will take us all a bit of time to find all the answers and get them out to you so stay tuned!

I am still having problems with this new BYC layout, the fonts and so forth. If it is the same size font, could it be the thickness of the fonts or a different type? I still have to use my reading glasses since this new BYC format came up and take off my glasses when I read other forums. Maybe I am just getting OLD!

I am still plugging in and staying patient as well because like anything new, I have to keep pushing on and learning something new everyday. For a shorter amount of time than I used to.

I compared with the YUKU BYC and this new BYC and it is different. The whiteness is still the same.

It just takes time......sigh! We are just too darn stubborn! Patience my dear, patience!

On the home page the problem is not as bad, partly because the topic headers are bolded and larger font. But the intensity of the blue bars or the width is creating such a contrast against the white background it is causing eye strain.

Its just too much bright blue and bright white. And the font does appear smaller on my monitor.

2nd this, I don't think it's just your monitor. I am having the same problem where it hurts just to look at the page.

This is so weird. I've logged in on two different computers (both using FF 8.0 if that helps) and the font size and colors of the site look about the same as on the old platform. I'm not having any trouble reading or getting eye strain. I don't understand why some would notice a difference and not others, unless it is a difference between different versions of the browser. FWIW, I also didn't have any speed issues yesterday although that was a frequent complaint too, so perhaps it has to do with the later versions of FF?

Robin 416 & Littlethorn, what version of FF are you using? (If you go to your menu and look for options, then "about Firefox" and click on that, it will tell you what version of FF you are on.

This is so weird. I've logged in on two different computers (both using FF 8.0 if that helps) and the font size and colors of the site look about the same as on the old platform. I'm not having any trouble reading or getting eye strain. I don't understand why some would notice a difference and not others, unless it is a difference between different versions of the browser. FWIW, I also didn't have any speed issues yesterday although that was a frequent complaint too, so perhaps it has to do with the later versions of FF?

Robin 416 & Littlethorn, what version of FF are you using? (If you go to your menu and look for options, then "about Firefox" and click on that, it will tell you what version of FF you are on.

I am actually using Chrome, not FF and I do have the columns turned to full width. I have no issues with speed or anything like that, it's just the color effect on my browser/monitor is very jarring.

Edited to add: Trying to narrow the problem down, I don't think it is the color of the blue lines so much as the thickness of them that is causing the issue. The effect on my monitor of them + the background is almost like looking at stripes.

Apologies if I sounded negative btw. As I mentioned, I totally understand the need for a new platform and I was trying to be as constructive and specific as I could about the problem.

Last edited:
Okay, I switched over to Chrome (I have both on the computer I'm on right now) and pulled this up. I must say, its the first time I've browsed BYC on Chrome. I had to login to reply and the reply box is ABOVE the thread rather then BELOW as it is in FF. Interesting. However the colors/fonts are the same size and color as on FF, which displays the same as on the old platform. So I'm all out of ideas. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Back
Top Bottom