A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

The photo is in black and white which makes them look like slates but they don't have any black spots on them so they are definitely not Blue Slates. Whether or not they are Self Blues (Lavenders) is debatable but no provable.

That was my thought too.

They could just be some Mutt turkeys too from some farm, I wonder how many people back then cared about pure lines or types.

Merry Christmas! It's the day after here and I feel much more human after a full night of sleep.

I love the harnessed turkey picture... pretty sure that none of mine would go for that!

Feedman - you are going to have tons of quail.... can't wait to see baby pics :)

Ralph - I just about spit out my drink reading your "bird of paradise" comment :lol:

Memphis - Travel safe when you head home, your girls will be glad to see you when you (they'll be missing their hugs). I'll post a picture soon - I'll see what I can find for birds here.... I can hear all kinds of interesting bird noise so there must be something fun that I can post!

Merry Christmas! It's the day after here and I feel much more human after a full night of sleep.

I love the harnessed turkey picture... pretty sure that none of mine would go for that!

Feedman - you are going to have tons of quail.... can't wait to see baby pics
smile.png

Ralph - I just about spit out my drink reading your "bird of paradise" comment
lol.png

Memphis - Travel safe when you head home, your girls will be glad to see you when you (they'll be missing their hugs). I'll post a picture soon - I'll see what I can find for birds here.... I can hear all kinds of interesting bird noise so there must be something fun that I can post!

What the Hades???

Your in New Zealand, my ticket was pilfered by some postal employee, and your drinking without me???

This is more than I can take, I will be glad when this year is over!
he.gif
somad.gif

BTW is anyone else old enough besides me to know where that saying comes from?

Last edited:
What the Hades???

Your in New Zealand, my ticket was pilfered by some postal employee, and your drinking without me???

This is more than I can take, I will be glad when this year is over!:he :mad:  

BTW is anyone else old enough besides me to know where that saying comes from?

Ralph - I'm not old enough to know where the saying comes from, but I know it was a song :)

Last edited:
1965, May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up your Nose by Little Jimmy Dickens.

Per Wikipedia:

"The song, written by Neal Merritt, was inspired by one of the many comic putdowns uttered by host Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show."

I remembered it as an Earnest Tubbs song,,

The other thing I notice,,,is a lot of you are really really old!!!
gig.gif

Last edited:
I have no idea if all my turkeys are inside or not tonight, nor do I care.

It is driving sleetly rain 40moph winds slippery ice coating the ground. If they are so dumb as to stay out tonight they deserve to remove themselves from the gene pool!

I still kind of miss Johnney Carson. I hate your getting ice Ralphi. Thats the worst.

Fiesty! Having fun yet?? Find any turkeys yet? Did Big Bird enjoy the flight?

Back
Top Bottom