A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Thank you @memphis for leading me here.. Yes, I have somewhere between 19 and 21... Two of my Narri's like to hang out with the wilds. I've got somewhere around 25 (difficult to count) wild hens that will occasionally grace me with their presence. The wild Toms stay out of sight--but will talk to my Toms from the woods. I thought I'd lost them (my narri's)--but went out to the pasture the other day and they were back. Of course, they aren't there today. Most of my Tom's stay inside the electric fence most of the time--but the hens seem to come and go at will. My Palms will follow me where ever I go on the farm and then follow me back to the pasture. They do remind me a lot of my grand kids. I have not figured out how to teach them that the Gator is not a perch.

Arent they mean to me!!?
lau.gif
gig.gif
Too soon to tell.
idunno.gif

Ralphie: good luck on making snitch a lapper.

Memphis: sorry you decided against a tom. I told my spare toms your girls were off the market. They were devestated for about a min.

Stephcraig: Glad your girls are laying good. Send that bug northwest. So maybe my girls will catch it. If your looking for a Tom in the spring I will have a few spares and maybe what your looking for.

Fiesty: your vacation looked awesome. Nothing but I've and mud here.

Aurora: how did the hens take blocking off the hard to reach area of the coop? Did they keep laying? Good luck with the turkey eggs in the bator.

Rjohns: welcome to the thread and a nice looking flock of turkeys you have there.

My bobwhites started hatching this morning. I think there about 40 out so far. My legbar, wellie, and fcbm eggs should hatch this weekend.

Will put up some pics when I move them to a brooder.

Hey Feedman! Did you get some of that ice last weekend? Was wondering about you. I just don't think I can handle a tom with just the two girls. I don't think I'd ever have enough hens to make a tom happy. Did you ever get that Narri trio??

Hey Rjohn....glad you hopped over! We have a good time and I know the experts over here have taught me a bunch!! Love the pics of your flock. Wow, you really have a lot of wild hens showing up! Guess they like those exotic colored toms vs the native guys...??

Holm can hold his own with these guys! Its funny tho!!

The boys showing off...

Nice flock

Do you do breeding pens for Breeds or just let them mix at will?

I am surprised with all of you that have wilds mix with your flock. I use to have wilds in my yard here all the time, once I got turkeys they stopped coming. With the exception of the one wild hen that came here last year to try and corrupt JJ with her female wiles.

Back
Top Bottom