A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Memphis - poor Annie, that's a rough molt she's having. Just think how pretty she'll be soon! At least it's relatively warm in your neck of the woods.

It was sunny today and the snow is gone, so the birds had a blast outside. Pretty sure that they investigated everything that's green on west side of the barn :). It's supposed to be rain-free all week, and I have to go back to work tomorrow darn it! I suppose after a month or so.... they probably expect me to show up?

The conures have been totally clingy little birds since I got home - so I have large birds following me around outside and two small shoulder attachments when I'm inside lol. It is very hard to unpack and do laundry with birds on your shoulders :rolleyes:

Add me to the list of weird turkeys,

I got my first turkey egg today. on the floor in the coop. Looks like a turkey pullet egg ,but definitely a turkey egg.

It is 2 months too early, I do not have anything in breeding pens. No idea what to do now. I am going to eat this egg and hope I do not see another one for 7 weeks.

Also I need to get a video of JJ protecting me. It is so cool, but I am not sure if the video would capture it. The PITA/Stalker Royal Palm wanted to come after me again today. JJ saw it in his eyes and got between us and actually worked him away from me. I thought JJ looked like a secret service agent at work.

I wonder if the secret service hires turkeys?

Add me to the list of weird turkeys,

I got my first turkey egg today. on the floor in the coop. Looks like a turkey pullet egg ,but definitely a turkey egg.

It is 2 months too early, I do not have anything in breeding pens.  No idea what to do now. I am going to eat this egg and hope I do not see another one for 7 weeks.

Also I need to get a video of  JJ protecting me. It is so cool, but I am not sure if the video would capture it.  The PITA/Stalker Royal Palm wanted to come after me again today. JJ saw it in his eyes and got between us and actually worked him away from me.  I thought JJ looked like  a secret service agent at work.

I wonder if the secret service hires turkeys?

Congrats on first egg of the year.

I think they don't want freeloader status. Earning their keep. Tryin to stay away from Freezer camp rumors especially after the escapee that went into the woods and came back missing feathers.

Found a sweater for memphis. I'll see if I can find a black suit, tie, suglasses and an ear piece for jj so he can play a true secret service agent.

It would look good on a resume photo.

Alright! Another turkey egg report! And another use for a turkey...Secret Service Agent! Love it!! Of course if the pesident would have used secret service turkeys in his inagrial parade they would have benn riding on the limos not walking beside ! :gig

And Annie's molt continues. Poor girl!

Don't mean to be obsessed here....but I've never seen a turkey in such a hard molt. She has no tail. Just a bunch of pins. The tops of her legs are nothing but pins. Her back and chest are all pins. She's eating like a horse. I'm giving her some extra protein. I found this stuff at TSC thats 29% protein and have been giving her a bit of it. Just using it as a treat. I worry about going overboard. Their feed is 18%. I read such conflicting information about extra protein. I will say, she hasn't missed a beat. Her weight is good and she's as active & silly as usual. I'm used to my chickens turning into little squirrels when they are molting. But Annie will not be body shamed. I would think shes uncomfortable! It hurts me to look at her. Poor girl....

Hmmm...just saw another report of a hen laying in southern Illinois. Reports of hens laying are slowly rolling in. Interesting how spread out across the country these laying reports are.

I'm still having visions of a presidential limo with a squad of Secret Service turkeys riding shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom