A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Look what we just passed on the freeway!

lau.gif

The fact that it was my ear both times especially when I was facing him and it could have been my nose and the fact that we even cover the face of our alarm clock so there is no light at all in our room at night makes me wonder. The fact that he stops pecking as soon as I'm awake really makes me think that he is/was trying to get me up to either stop the nightmare or take a nebulizer treatment. These birds are far from stupid and Neptune took to the diaper better than anyone else, I think he wants to be with me. It also wasn't a very hard peck just enough to wake me up just enough to get my attention

You're lucky that you get to take a house bird. My husband is severely allergic to turkey dander so I only get to take one in if it's pretty sick. We did have a house rooster named Merlin at one point; it's how we trained our dog to ignore the birds.

You're lucky that you get to take a house bird. My husband is severely allergic to turkey dander so I only get to take one in if it's pretty sick. We did have a house rooster named Merlin at one point; it's how we trained our dog to ignore the birds.

I would need someone to come here and change diapers on a turkey before I could have a house turkey.

Of course, I have 8 house chicks in the basement now,,,LOL

Rjohns....lots of bird activity here too. Migrating and nest building!

Turkey Parent, animals are amazingly perceptive. Obviously there is some reason he's pecking you on the onset of an incident. If only they could talk!!

Back
Top Bottom