A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

LOL, poor Ana. I like the looks of you black chickens, the AC's. Like their head shape. They are pretty cute. What is their temperaments like?

I still like the Buttercups too. So many chickens...not enough room or time!

Daisy & Annie met a baby today. I don't have kids, but it couldn't talk & was pretty wobbly. Don't think the girls have ever seen such a small human. His mom & I were standing in the yard chatting, baby & turkeys just stared at each other. Finally, turkeys started closing in on the baby. They were creeping closer & closer & the baby was sort of lurching toward them. Baby reached out & touched Daisy. Thought he started crying, but he was laughing. Turkeys were entranced. Funny...

Memphis-that baby story is way too cute! I can just see it happening :)

So far, the AC are extremely friendly and outgoing.at least the ones I hatched are, the others didn't get here till they were 9 weeks old so they're rather skittish so, but they're learning. The one in the last 2 pics is my buddy Onyx.

Onyx has a sweet expression. He's a cutie.

I get a kick out my turkeys reactions to new things. The baby threw them at first. But typical turkeys, they couldn't resist inspecting the little human. :rolleyes:

Where is everybody??

So over this winter. Mid 70's earlier this week and snow flurries this weekend. Its been a roller-coaster.

For some reason everyone of my chickens have stopped laying. I was getting eggs up until now. Nothing this whole week. Slackers.

Annie is still full of pins. I tend to take them on a stroll to the front yard to graze on weeds each afternoon. The regulars walking/jogging by at that time have all had to stop and ask whats wrong with her. Poor girl is just a mess.

Ralph, I'm letting her eat as much as she wants of that 29% protein stuff. I'm anxious to see her in a new feather suit. She really wrecks her feathers. Daisy keeps hers pretty pristine all year. Annie trashes hers and fades in the sun. I'll have to take some glamour shots when she's feathered out again.

Anybody hatching besides Aurora, Feedman & Ralphie? Lets see those babies!!

I've got my second batch in the Bator on the second shelf. I acquired two sportsman cabinet incubators from my great uncle who also was an obsessive bird person, but he's in his eighties and has debilitating heart condition. First batch is a week cooking, second went yesterday, and I'm going to start collecting the third batch for set next week. 12 the first week, 18 yesterday.

I'm lazy and need to separate my chickens! Been dreading it a bit because my second pen isn't very big, and lighting is an issue and I need supplemental lighting this time of year. But the turkeys don't need separating, there's only one Tom.

Back
Top Bottom