A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

They are all getting along except Ethel JR can get a little sassy with the chickens at times lol. Mr. T has noticed them! That's the only reason I let them out is because he was gobbling at them. He has tried getting Ethel JR to lay down but she wasn't in the mood.

I think he is broken. His old hen Mabel was chasing around the duck and Mr. T full on attacked her for it! He always attacks her when she is mean to the duck! That is the main reason that duck is still here... I couldn't break his heart and get rid of her...

Poor Mr T. I hope he is not broken, the poults would be interesting, to say the least, from those two and him. You could have almost any colors I would think.

I suppose I could go to the color calculator and see, but nahhh too much work today.
lau.gif

Poor Mr T.  I hope he is not broken, the poults would be interesting, to say the least, from those two and him.  You could have almost any colors I would think. 

I suppose I could go to the color calculator and see, but nahhh  too much work today. :lau

I was just getting ready to go over there and putz on the old calculator!

Ralphie one of my not so smart Legbars is sleeping outside tonight. She flew way up in a pine tree after I held her at around 3 and hasn't came back down. She just stares at me when I try climb up there to get her

One of my non-breeding white legbar roosters was roosting on the cord I have my lights on.

He was not happy when I booted his butt down. I did tell him, legbars have been known to freeze to death roosting outside. He is one of the birds for the nice Asian lady.

Hom/Ralph...beautiful girls! Especially Ethel Jr. Sounds like Mr. T is trying to turn on the charm!

I noticed that! She looks highly offended! She's beautiful. Just love her vivid colors & pattern. Pretty girl. I'm sure Mr. T is smitten with both girls.

Ralph....I'd be hard pressed to send her to a new home. But I know Holm will take care of her.

Had to laugh at my two. I found this chicken toy. A plastic ball that you put treats in and they are suposed to roll it around and treats spew out. The turkeys were hysterical with it. Such goobers. And chirping away like crazy the whole time!

Poor little bronze got hurt during breeding. I'm assuming that the oaf Big Red Tom slipped and his claw caught her side, opening up a big flap of skin under her wing. Mom said to just watch it for infection and leave her alone if possible. Getting turkeys to leave bandages alone might be hard. The wound is completely covered by her flight feathers.

Poor little bronze got hurt during breeding. I'm assuming that the oaf Big Red Tom slipped and his claw caught her side, opening up a big flap of skin under her wing. Mom said to just watch it for infection and leave her alone if possible. Getting turkeys to leave bandages alone might be hard. The wound is completely covered by her flight feathers.

You may want to put a turkey saddle on her. It can prevent this type of injury. You also need to separate her from the tom at least until the injury is healed.

Good luck, when turkeys get cut you have two choices, eat it or leave it, Maybe we should invent a Stove pipe like device to put on a turkeys neck so they can't turn their heads to pick off a bandage.

Back
Top Bottom