A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Jrnash: sorry about your broody virus. When it hits it's rampant.

Ralphie: hope for a speedy recovery for your wife. Increased remote time. That's a true gentleman there.

My castle lost its moat when I left for work this morning. But it's rained steady all day. So might be back when I get home tonight.

Flood also brought some unwanted guests to the house. Only 5 venomous snakes in Mo. And this was in the yard.

A cottonmouth.

Talking about broodies... tonight when I we closing up the chicken coop, there was a chicken in the far nest inside. I couldn't see who it was so I climbed in to check. Would you believe that my silkie roo was hunkered down in a nest and making broody noises?! I know silkies are notorious broodies but that's just a bit weird. I moved him up to the roost lol

Last edited:
Talking about broodies... tonight when I we closing up the chicken coop, there was a chicken in the far nest inside. I couldn't see who it was so I climbed in to check. Would you believe that my silkie roo was hunkered down in a nest and making broody noises?! I know silkies are notorious broodies but that's just a bit weird. I moved him up to the roost lol

:eek:

I recently (an hr ago) became aware of a state license required here in Texas called a game bird breeders license type 1 and 2. I've got bobwhites in the incubator and figured there would be some type of license required. 27$ a year for a type 2. No problem. What took me by surprise, and prompted a lengthy letter to my Congressional representative is that this license is required by anyone who raises ANY TYPE of turkey or duck. Its ridiculous. As I pointed out to him. What would have been your parents or grandparents response to a game warden coming on their property, pointing at the farm yard birds and telling them they had to have a license for the dinner running around in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom