A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have a young PC cockerel that was skinned from the top of the head to the bottom of the neck. I used swat on it. It is still doing good. I expected dead by now. Amazing how some of them recover and others get a pin prick and die...I figure they are Canadian stock when they die, not hearty and from the VWN so they really have nothing to live for.
I heard that. :smack

Most of my birds are tough enough to live with their side ripped off by a dog... Except a certain little OEGB that I'm guessing must have been bred from stock in the States.

I just went & looked. It is actually called "pick no more". So, it's not blue kote like I said. I've taken some pictures of her injury. Is there a way to put a warning on them for people who don't want to see them?
To my way of thinking, it's educational. Raising animals is not for the faint of heart. If there are people who can't stomach the bad stuff then they have no business raising animals.

To my way of thinking, it's educational. Raising animals is not for the faint of heart. If there are people who can't stomach the bad stuff then they have no business raising animals.
X2. If someone loses their lunch seeing a bloody spot on the back of a turkey's head, why are they on a chicken site?

I've got to where I ignore an injury unless it looks infected or is causing mobility problems. Its unbelievable what they can survive

But hard to show them with nasty scars........ I have a Toad I may have to send to the toad happy hunting grounds.. She has a curled toe and wobbles badly when she walks and runs, has a partial angel wing and I wonder how long she will live.... Speaking of injured birds...

However, she is one of my favorites, when I come anywhere near them she is the first to run and great me.. I have named her hop-along... Not sure what to do with her...BUT toads being rare and me being a softy, I assume she will die a natural death and then go to the crematory.

Last week I put a pile of coturnix quail in lockdown. When I did I accidentally unplugged another incubator with bobwhites in it. The eggs were without heat for over 24 hrs. Got up this morning intending to clean out the failed eggs that would have hatched Friday f not for my blunder.

IMG_0052.JPG

700.jpg
700d.jpg

The worlds largest breed of chicken......

Last week I put a pile of coturnix quail in lockdown. When I did I accidentally unplugged another incubator with bobwhites in it. The eggs were without heat for over 24 hrs. Got up this morning intending to clean out the failed eggs that would have hatched Friday f not for my blunder.
checkout the link in Ralph's signature. It's cool reading.:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom