A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have not heard of a Harvest Moon turkey but have heard of Harvest Gold.

Definitely not harvest gold. I'll have to get some updated pictures. These are old ones I had posted.

Screenshot_2017-11-13-12-23-50.png
Screenshot_2017-11-13-12-23-26.png

Well, it's looking like my breeding program is in trouble. Looking like all my BRs are male, RPs female. Can't tell on the blacks and nari yet. Guess I'll be hatching meat birds in the spring and ordering day old poults to balance the flock.:barnie:idunno

Bummer on the breeding program set back...

My breeding program will never be in danger. As I no longer care if I have a certain variety of turkey. I will have turkeys...... They will be mismatched mutts, the best kind.

On a positive note, my turkeys headed to Thanksgiving day dinners have a streak of one day of staying inside their pen and not escaping to join the other turkeys.

I think I have finally conveyed to them the importance of being a kamikaze turkey and giving their lives for the cause.....

I could not be prouder of them with the one day streak under their feathers!

Well, it's looking like my breeding program is in trouble. Looking like all my BRs are male, RPs female. Can't tell on the blacks and nari yet. Guess I'll be hatching meat birds in the spring and ordering day old poults to balance the flock.:barnie:idunno

If you're interested, I could send you some eggs in the spring (or late winter since I have heat packs) but you'd get More than just palms and BRs from me lol. Unless you're NPIP since I'm not quite there yet.

I could send eggs today..of course I have no idea who the father is,,,,

BUT the stupid turkey continues to crawl into the chicken nest and get an egg into it everyday. despite the fact her back half including her butt hangs outside the nest..

I love when they do that! It's so hilarious to see and amazing that they actualy get the egg in there! In my case, I have 3 small nest boxes and 2 big ones in the chicken coop. You'd think the turkeys would sneak in to the big nest....

Back
Top Bottom