A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I love when they do that! It's so hilarious to see and amazing that they actualy get the egg in there! In my case, I have 3 small nest boxes and 2 big ones in the chicken coop. You'd think the turkeys would sneak in to the big nest....
That would require a turkey that could think......

Definitely not harvest gold. I'll have to get some updated pictures. These are old ones I had posted.

View attachment 1185858 View attachment 1185859
So someone named Dana is calling a certain color variation a Harvest Moon but since neither she or Porter is saying what the color genetics are for a Harvest Moon it really isn't a whole lot of help. Lehner's guess of bb cgcg Rr n- is what the Turkey Color Calculator refers to as a Frosted Dark Gray. Of course when you get into the off standard colors there aren't any reference images.

So someone named Dana is calling a certain color variation a Harvest Moon but since neither she or Porter is saying what the color genetics are for a Harvest Moon it really isn't a whole lot of help. Lehner's guess of bb cgcg Rr n- is what the Turkey Color Calculator refers to as a Frosted Dark Gray. Of course when you get into the off standard colors there aren't any reference images.

Yeah, I know. For once, they were absolutely no help at all lol. I'm not sure what kind of babies are going to pop out from her!

So my hungry hungry turkeys decided to unscrew the bottom plate on their hanging feeder. They cleaned up all of the food but the issue is I can't find a wingnut... I found both washers but I fear one may have eaten the wingnut. I even got out the magnetic metal sweeper and skimmed their bedding to no avail.

Will this kill one of them or just keep an eye out for things like impacted crop? Nothing on it was sharp but it was shiny and small enough to be eaten. It could also be in the bedding still but I just couldn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom