A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

A little too far for a drive to eastern PA. Have you tried asking in your state thread. A lot of CCL breeders keep a few extra roos around. Someone should be willing to part with one, if not now, at least when spring breaks.

I haven't yet will start looking soon.

Weird part is when I bought adults last year I could get hens easily. But roos were like hitting the lotto.

You know, none of my toms have ever shown the slightest aggression toward any person. I wonder if it is a breed characteristic. I have Royal Palms, Mottled Blacks, and used to have Midget Whites. All smaller breeds, maybe that is a factor.

I think it's just how they're raised. Adam wasn't raised by us but our current BR tom, Adam's son, is very sweet and friendly.

The cold I'm assuming took out my cream legbar roo he was dead under the roost. My other legbar got predated earlier in the fall so no pure legbar babies for me this year. Unless I'm able to find a roo.

I'm so sorry :(

If you want to visit Montana, I have a few extra Legbar roosters, like, 4 extras, but everyone suffered a bit of comb damage. I'm hoping next year I can finish a new bachelor pen to keep extra boys warm and cozy during winter.

Sounds like a good idea but years ago I said if I ever got back out towards the rocky mountains I probably wouldn't come back to Mo.

I like it out west.

Starting to see what you all mean when you talk about your toms. This guy is our first one that reached maturity and he is absolutely obnoxious with his strutting and gobbling. He jumped at our daughter when she turned her back on him the other night. Then again at my husband-which if he had any intelligence he wouldn’t dare even thinking about doing. This was his freebie apparently. Husband said if he does it again he’s dinner. Is it normal for toms to be constantly strutting and hissing? He has never acted mean towards me and I think he was being protective since my daughter and husband don’t interact with the birds. Idk he’s just so beautiful. And he has officially mated with both hens.

6852768E-D6D7-43E7-B44D-593593441868.jpeg 332D0840-F38D-4116-A071-15CC09FB2D64.jpeg

my tom is always strutting, but has never lashed out at any of us
but i havent really ever heard him gobble
and i also have never seen him mate with my jenny, but she hasnt laid any eggs either :rolleyes:

I had a couple requests for turkey saddles the other day so I decided to attempt this again. I made one up as an experimental one first to check size and tested it on Pebbles, then on Cuddles. No bad reaction (except the fighting to get it on!) Now that all looks good, time to make more! Please don't mind my gross poop boards. Everything has been frozen but it'll all be coming off tomorrow with the warmer weather :)

IMG_3091.JPG
IMG_3092.JPG
IMG_3094.JPG
IMG_3095.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG
IMG_3098.JPG

Back
Top Bottom