A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ablyn has finally discovered his testosterone. He's so weird though, he always wants me to pay attention to him, and even though he struts all day and night, he ignores the hens as soon as I come outside and picks at my pants for attention, even while displaying and even gobbling when the other Tom gobbles. He's such a goober. He still likes sitting next to me for head rubs, and I am still watching him carefully so I don't get my eyes or teeth nibble, since he has a thing for shiney.
He loves me over the hens.
What a weirdo.

Ablyn has finally discovered his testosterone. He's so weird though, he always wants me to pay attention to him, and even though he struts all day and night, he ignores the hens as soon as I come outside and picks at my pants for attention, even while displaying and even gobbling when the other Tom gobbles. He's such a goober. He still likes sitting next to me for head rubs, and I am still watching him carefully so I don't get my eyes or teeth nibble, since he has a thing for shiney.
He loves me over the hens.
What a weirdo.

That's sweet though! That's how Romeo is except now, he's very occupied with keeping Tommy away from me because I'm his!

My boys are still strutting constantly. And the daily king of the mountain battle royal to see who's top bird.

In about 2 weeks gonna start to separate the breeders into pens with their hens in hopes of eggs to begin soon. A few hens heads are starting get reddish color and they are getting temperamental as well.

Going to pick up a new group of 4 hens tomorrow. 2 bourbon reds and 2 bourbon buffs.

Ablyn & Romeo....y'all need to take some pics of your boys! Every time I hear about nice toms I want one! Alas...I'll never have enough hens...and I fear mine will turn out to be a bellybutton!

The nice thing about Bellybuttons, is they are so tasty and there is not the amount of remorse one feels when processing a well behaved Tom.

I have to find another belly button in my 5 toms. They each have different traits I want for breeding. However, my "corn Farmer" wants a bellybutton to roast for Easter as do I.

I need to decide which other one is going to have a playdate with the PVC pipe cutter.

Back
Top Bottom