A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    When I went back out after taking Penguin picture on the deck, and ;leaving it on my laptop for my DW to find. Ethel was on the tailgate of the pickup.

I walked up to her and petted her, scratched her she just leaned into me and talked and talked and talked. Whatever she was telling me was important. It is nice to have a turkey that likes to be touched and held, but I just can't do it to all of them I have too many.

Penguin is too good to allow anyone to touch him now. After my DW saw the picture, I think I might be one step further in my Penguin elimination program.

2. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Ethel sounds like my Daisy. Loves attention. Love being petted. They can be so sweet.
    Ralph...have you tried the calculator yet? Penguin may give you even more color variations in the rainbow flock! I got confused on what kind of blues you have.

3. RetiredRon

RetiredRon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2015
    Vilonia AR

You are trying to eat Penguin? I guess you don't like him?

4. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

He is badly behaved, I would like him more if he lived somewhere else.

I think I can get every color he gives and more from my rusty slates. I could be wrong though, me and the calculator do not get along well.

5. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    No RetiedRon, Ralph will not be eating Penguin! :lau

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I could, if I could convince my DW Penguin ran away, and the one on the table is just an eating bird....

1 person likes this.
  7. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Oh that would be horrible. ..Ralphie you can't do that!! He's her baby!!

Ralph, if you go to the calculator and figure out what blues you have I'll run them with Penguin. In the center of the calculator page there is a box you have to click that takes you to the breed codes. And pictures. But I got confused with all the different types of blue.

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I do not see any pictures.

I have blue slates, self blues, rusty slates and some reddish ones that I have no idea what they are called. I have a bird that looks like a self blue but has a sandy rusty tinge no dark marks.

1 person likes this.
  9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I found the pictures, now I am confused and no longer know what I have..sorry.

10. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    I know, genetically the blue gene is confusing. There is about 3-4 different pictures that look like some of your birds that are blue with the tanish trim. If you pick out a few I can run the calculator. But honestly there are several pictures that look the same to me and I don't know what makes them different. :rolleyes:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by