A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I found Mary dead the coop this morning :( I'm not sure what happened. She would've been 4 this spring. It makes me sad that the broody bunch will never be together again :(
Speaking of which, I gave Pebbles 3 more cockerels raise this morning. She was very happy about it and hopefully having that pen will help. I think Princess may be going broody too. If she is, I may just throw her in with Pebbles.
:hugs:hit:hugs

I think anything in a bucket is against a turkey’s religion ....as is anything setting on a work bench..

I “lost” a pair if leather gloves about 6 weeks ago,,, when I laid them on a bench to do bare hand work. 10 minutes later they were gone... I found one on the floor a few days later....

Just last week I saw a hen carrying my glove..I gave chase to get it from her..she does ice running better than I do

I have no idea where my glove is now. I kind of think the turkey is the proud owner of that glove.
turkey stole a small red handled screw driver out of my pants in 2016... I found it the fall of 2018 under some blackberry plants

turkey stole a small red handled screw driver out of my pants in 2016... I found it the fall of 2018 under some blackberry plants
They are pick pockets too!! I should have known...
6507D109-60D6-478C-8D11-BDCDABC7AF66.jpeg

Aurora, so sorry to hear about your Mary.
What a sad thing to start the day. :hit

Hoping you’ve found the secret to finally activate Pebbles’ “mommy gene.”

Thank you.

Pebbles Mommy gene already very strong. So strong that she'll starve herself if she doesn't get to raise babies but she never has been protective of them. At least this way, they shouldn't be able to get too far from her.

Ok just sent 8 turkey poults home with a lady who found us on craigslist..... went very well! Even got the green light for a trade mid feb , they have a couple Spanish black hens that they are re willing to trade for poults ..... life could be interesting.

I can see it is time for my pet peeve rant again...Black turkeys are blacks....Whether they are from Spain, Portugal, England or Wisconsin...

Rant over.....

I can see it is time for my pet peeve rant again...Black turkeys are blacks....Whether they are from Spain, Portugal, England or Wisconsin...

:gigYou’re such a NIT-picker, Ralphie. :p
It happens when your land is stolen by the FEDS,,,for the good of everyone else.......:old:old:old:old:old:old makes one into a bitter old man........:duc

Back
Top Bottom