A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I just candled eggs!

one turkey egg is good....I assume that means I will have one spoiled poult on my hands early next month....

I have never raised a lone bird, I hope he will fit in with the chicks a week older than him/her.

He'll be fine with them I'm sure but yeah, he'll be a spoiled baby :) Any idea what color he should be?

I can see it is time for my pet peeve rant again...Black turkeys are blacks....Whether they are from Spain, Portugal, England or Wisconsin...

Rant over.....
lol Yeah I know its just a habit to refer to them in the same words as "normal" folks do...... I think some of my black ones are going to be barred...... or my daughters. Ps these turkeys are from arizona.... lol

The youngsters this morning.
full

full

full

Oh wow! I could steal the whole bunch! They are gorgeous! I could never hatch anything. I couldn't get rid of any of those. I'd just sit watching them all day. They'd all be lappers!
They would not all be Lappers.. some are genetically predisposed to be Bellybuttons...

Oh wow! I could steal the whole bunch! They are gorgeous! I could never hatch anything. I couldn't get rid of any of those. I'd just sit watching them all day. They'd all be lappers!
You may not realize it but one of these toms mated with Daisy would produce Tri-Color Mottled Blacks, Mottled Blacks, Tri-Color Mottled Slates and Mottled Slates. If it was mated with Annie, they would produce Red Bronze toms and hens and Golden Narragansett hens.

You may not realize it but one of these toms mated with Daisy would produce Tri-Color Mottled Blacks, Mottled Blacks, Tri-Color Mottled Slates and Mottled Slates. If it was mated with Annie, they would produce Red Bronze toms and hens and Golden Narragansett hens.
You might not realize this, but you could get these Tom's in Minnesota which is a way shorter drive than to Wyoming......Just sayin...

Back
Top Bottom