A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Have I ever mentioned I hate Craigslist?

I have been saving RP eggs for a person since the 16th.... I have no idea if they can delete a conversation and it disappears off my phone too..

BUT they wanted a dozen on the 28th...today is the 29th...

The eggs will be 2 weeks old tomorrow....I have not heard peep from them.. They are going in the incubator today...They can have Balut tomorrow!

Also a person contacted me wanting "freindly turkeys" for a petting zoo... He did not understand the term "bellybuttons" when I told him that was all I have....I never tried to explain I have a few lurkers...

He has a petting zoo... Look at the money he gets for it! I may have to become his competitor! Of course, I would have to get a turkey suit....there is no way there will be a dux suit in my petting zoo!

https://happytailsmobilepettingzoo.com/

Have I ever mentioned I hate Craigslist?

I have been saving RP eggs for a person since the 16th.... I have no idea if they can delete a conversation and it disappears off my phone too..

BUT they wanted a dozen on the 28th...today is the 29th...

The eggs will be 2 weeks old tomorrow....I have not heard peep from them.. They are going in the incubator today...They can have Balut tomorrow!

Also a person contacted me wanting "freindly turkeys" for a petting zoo... He did not understand the term "bellybuttons" when I told him that was all I have....I never tried to explain I have a few lurkers...

He has a petting zoo... Look at the money he gets for it! I may have to become his competitor! Of course, I would have to get a turkey suit....there is no way there will be a dux suit in my petting zoo!

https://happytailsmobilepettingzoo.com/
Lawd help us.

You could do farm tours. No need to travel. I bet Judy would love that. :thumbsup

Lawd help us.

You could do farm tours. No need to travel. I bet Judy would love that. :thumbsup
I can’t do tours and keep my NPIP....

Actually as I think about his prices... I would have to charge more.. you figure wages for two people, travel time, prep time and tear down time.. then only 50 cents a mile for 2 people gas, maintenance, insurance etc..

So. If you had choices from blue slates, rp, br,and bronzes which would you pick? And go! Southern states where paul works is gettin these in soon and i want a few more birds. I know hatchery stock but that is my choice here pretty much. You know i have a motley crew here already lol. I have a sg, rp, bronze and two mixes from last year. It would be REALLY nice if i had a broody lady when they come in that i could slip them under in the dark of night. But i got nothin promisin for that right now.

And! I have three hens givin up the rent now.. three more to go. All of their wattles tell me soon though. Two of the last year ladies are still fence jumpers. The other day one of them was in my hay buggy all covered up. All we could see was her periscope lol! She made business and went back to her regularly scheduled program of huntin the yard and was back in come dark thirty. Goofy bird! I keep waitin to hear these two on the roof... but they havent made it yet. Every day they go out front and longingly look at it.

So. If you had choices from blue slates, rp, br,and bronzes which would you pick? And go! Southern states where paul works is gettin these in soon and i want a few more birds. I know hatchery stock but that is my choice here pretty much. You know i have a motley crew here already lol. I have a sg, rp, bronze and two mixes from last year. It would be REALLY nice if i had a broody lady when they come in that i could slip them under in the dark of night. But i got nothin promisin for that right now.

And! I have three hens givin up the rent now.. three more to go. All of their wattles tell me soon though. Two of the last year ladies are still fence jumpers. The other day one of them was in my hay buggy all covered up. All we could see was her periscope lol! She made business and went back to her regularly scheduled program of huntin the yard and was back in come dark thirty. Goofy bird! I keep waitin to hear these two on the roof... but they havent made it yet. Every day they go out front and longingly look at it.
Personally never have been much for bronzes. But seems most of the hens I have this spring are some bronze cross. Prefer br, blue slates then palms.

Like to breed pure but since most hens are mixed this year will just go and see what color combos I can get from specific pairings. The market may be better for pure breeds. But last year all varieties pure/cross sold for about the same price.

Pick the color you want to have a colorful flock and enjoy

I dunno.. a turkey is a turkey... lol
Personally never have been much for bronzes. But seems most of the hens I have this spring are some bronze cross. Prefer br, blue slates then palms.

Like to breed pure but since most hens are mixed this year will just go and see what color combos I can get from specific pairings. The market may be better for pure breeds. But last year all varieties pure/cross sold for about the same price.

Pick the color you want to have a colorful flock and enjoy
I actually like both.

I have some nice Blue Babies and a ton of fancy looking weird patterned mutts.

I also have discovered Turkeys cause trouble just for the fun of it.

As most of you know I made a bunch of breeding pens they are from 8x10 up to 12x24 in size. I have them covered with 2 inch square game bird netting. The netting is starting to get old and I was thinking I had to replace it this year. It has been used over and over...

NOT TRUE!!!

There is nothing wrong with my bird netting.......I have found the reason a turkey occasionally falls into a chicken pen is not an accident.....

I caught a hen today on the bird netting. She was there on purpose not an accident. She was bouncing on the netting like a kid on a trampoline! They think it is fun is why they are there...Not because they are clumsy or cannot see the netting!

I tried to catch her while she bounced. She just kept bouncing away from me...She could have bounced onto the 3 ft ledge I have around the pen she was on, but no she purposely turned away and bounced onto another pen.....

I want convent turkeys that are spoiled and do no wrong!

Here people are not so picky on pures. Any extra toms go in the freezer here and i sold extra hens last year. A guy that works with our son wants four or five hens if i get them. He doesnt care what variety. He just needs hens for his tom. A guy i sold extea hens to lasy year lost all of his birds to a coyote clan one night and wants more hens if i get any. I am also countin on a hen or three goin broody too. So eh i dont need pures. :). I am thinkin br and slates. The br are good sized birds and that is what my tom is. Then i have always loved the slates.

And thank gooness! We finally have a tom that doesn’t think we are his stompin ground! So he gets stay so long as he keeps his brain cell right. :).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom