A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ralphie....too cold - too hot....hate both!

Aurora....thinking the same thing. They have really glommed onto it. I guess they now have a blankie! These birds really have me wrapped around their toes! Daisy is passing on her diva behavior! She's probably giving them tips on how to get me to do their bidding!

Ok, you asked for it! Pictures of the penciled flock! I may have taken WAY too many lol

DSCN1599.JPG
DSCN1605.JPG

This guy will probably be Thanksgiving dinner

DSCN1607.JPG

And this one may make a journey to the swap since Phil gets breeding rights to all the penciled ladies
DSCN1608.JPG

Lil and Eve in the backround
DSCN1611.JPG

This girl has very little color on her
DSCN1614.JPG

Remember that bratty palm poult that used to jump on my head? This is Duchess. She's just about all grown up now but still loves to pick on me. She just got done picking at my shorts for attention here.
DSCN1618.JPG

I love this one's coloring. Very much pastel
DSCN1620.JPG
DSCN1622.JPG

Phil, showing off
DSCN1626.JPG

Mister is pretty rough looking right now. He needs to grow in some new feathers!
DSCN1629.JPG
DSCN1632.JPG

Sweet Pea, Preening

DSCN1633.JPG

And Pebbles, hanging out
DSCN1638.JPG

Can't forget Romeo
DSCN1641.JPG
DSCN1645.JPG

The baby of the bunch. She's the smallest in the turkey pen and the last penciled That I hatched out this year. She's bonded to a group of chickens and tries to escape every day to hang out with them. I had to clip a wing so she couldn't anymore. She comes crying to me every evening, complaining about having to sleep with the turkeys!

DSCN1657.JPG

Ralphie....too cold - too hot....hate both!

Aurora....thinking the same thing. They have really glommed onto it. I guess they now have a blankie! These birds really have me wrapped around their toes! Daisy is passing on her diva behavior! She's probably giving them tips on how to get me to do their bidding!
Memphis! Seriously, put the #$&@ phone in your pocket. We MUST see this silliness! :lau:lau:lau

Ok, you asked for it! Pictures of the penciled flock! I may have taken WAY too many lol

View attachment 1849653 View attachment 1849656
This guy will probably be Thanksgiving dinner

View attachment 1849658

And this one may make a journey to the swap since Phil gets breeding rights to all the penciled ladies
View attachment 1849659

Lil and Eve in the backround
View attachment 1849661

This girl has very little color on her
View attachment 1849664

Remember that bratty palm poult that used to jump on my head? This is Duchess. She's just about all grown up now but still loves to pick on me. She just got done picking at my shorts for attention here.
View attachment 1849666

I love this one's coloring. Very much pastel
View attachment 1849671 View attachment 1849672

Phil, showing off
View attachment 1849675

Mister is pretty rough looking right now. He needs to grow in some new feathers!
View attachment 1849685 View attachment 1849693
Sweet Pea, Preening

View attachment 1849697

And Pebbles, hanging out
View attachment 1849704

Can't forget Romeo
View attachment 1849705 View attachment 1849706
The baby of the bunch. She's the smallest in the turkey pen and the last penciled That I hatched out this year. She's bonded to a group of chickens and tries to escape every day to hang out with them. I had to clip a wing so she couldn't anymore. She comes crying to me every evening, complaining about having to sleep with the turkeys!

View attachment 1849707
Ohmygoodness, Aurora! They’re gorgeous. You must have so much fun watching them. :love:love:love

@memphis That is what I get for not speaking on here for a year. You forgot lol. Head to Kansas City on 70 and half way between there and Columbia take hwy 65 north for hour and half. I am north of Feedman.
@Auroradream26 good looking flock. Yep, a shame you are so far away I would have no qualms of taking your swap tom. I will definitely be ordering some pencilled from Porters next spring.

If she's part sight hound...shes hardwired to run! She can't help doing what she was bred for! I hand my hound little treats throughout the day. Little bit of cheese, fog treat here & there...etc....not sure if it puts much weight on him, but makes me feel better!

Lol and run she does! Nothin makes her more happy other than snugglin down in between paul and i at night. Rotten beastie that she is. She has been SO happy since paul retired and we came home to live two years ago.... she has 120 acres to roam and loves every minute of it. we showed her the boundaries twice... and she never leaves our land. We have been out ridin the four wheeler and see her go after a deer... once it crosses the boundary she is done with the chase and onto the next thing she can find. She is such a good girl for having been in fenced yards all of her life.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom