A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    It's amazing how big of an area is considered central pa lol. I'm in central, pa also but your uncle is still 3 1/2 hours south east from me!

2. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast
    I love it - a turkey relay across the country :lol: I'm equally tempted by BBQ and blues (and beer) and a road trip south! Egg mailing sounds pretty cool idea though and I think that would be an awesome way to add to our calico flocks... I'm in.

MM - that's awful that your DH failed with the incubator, but I'm glad there was no scrambling involved :/ I would have cried too - and buying turkeys sounds like the perfect remedy. I think that I won't leave my DH in charge of any incubating - I'm not sure that I would trust his attention to detail.

Holm - your girl is really pretty, and she looks like a Bella to me (for absolutely no particular reason).

Aurora - Sweet Pea is beautiful, I love her color! She will make beautiful poults that you will have to share :D

3. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Bella is cute. I like it.

Well...instead of the cross country relay with Porter poults...sending eggs sounds like a better idea.

I have no incubator. I have no incubator because I don't trust myself not to become overrun with turkeys & chickens. However...if something goes broody over here..ya'all mailing me eggs!!!!

2 people like this.
  4. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast

I knew we'd find a way to mail you a bourbon boy :)

1 person likes this.
  5. R2elk

R2elk Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    I believe that she is a Red Bronze.

A Red Bronze is a color and not a variety. I once had a tom that was a Red Bronze and it was a cross between a Bourbon Red and a BBW.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    I don't trust myself with a bator either but that not gonna stop me from getting one. [​IMG]

7. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA

Thanks for confirming her coloring :) I thought that was what she might be.

So crossing Pebbles (bronze) with Adam SHOULD make red bronze babies just like Sweet Pea according to the calculator. So anyone who wants eggs, I should send from Sweet Pea AND Pebbles lol.

I'm not very trustable with them either but I have 2 of them so far. One for incubating, one for hatching and I'm saving up for a cabinet incubator :) I could bury myself in babies really easy haha! Oh, I need more land lol

8. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    I'm having bator envy. :(
    Pebbles & Sweetpea are both beautiful! If one of my girls goes broody I may go old school & see if she could hatch a baby!

9. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Speaking of hens & eggs....i haven't seen any eggs from my girls this week. I'm thinking they finally hung it up for the year.

10. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I have 3 small ones and am getting a large one..... I have too many birds, but hatching is so much fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by