A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Who's Chripy?

Chirpy is one of the house chickens I had this summer. He is a white legbar..

Here he is sitting next to me..
please forgive my sloppy appearance, I had a hard long day of dirty work yesterday when I took this picture.
BB7FAB92-9383-4A43-95FB-DD945FA660DE.jpeg

Our heat index has been over 100 this last week. Its wearing me out. I think the birds are over it to. Poor things stand around panting & holding wings out. And they are in shade with wading pools & fans. If only the humidity would lift a bit & give us a break.
You poor thing. The high temperature for the past two days has been 64°F. This morning the thermometer said 37°F but it obviously got colder in some places since there is frost on the ground in those places and pockets of air that feel really cold.

84BFCC80-649B-4522-AEAC-344E7E8FA960.jpeg
You poor thing. The high temperature for the past two days has been 64°F. This morning the thermometer said 37°F but it obviously got colder in some places since there is frost on the ground in those places and pockets of air that feel really cold.

I have a special finger for you and @duluthralphie for this. :(. It has been absolutely miserable here too.

But lookit what i picked up this mornin from my tree! Ain’t they just gorgeous! Two more days of this and there will be a puddin bakin in my oven. Yay! Not sure how long they will be a secret from the escape convicts though. Had a herd of em round me this mornin beggin as they fell in my bucket. One even braved gettin next to me and in my bucket.

Chirpy is one of the house chickens I had this summer. He is a white legbar..

Here he is sitting next to me..
please forgive my sloppy appearance, I had a hard long day of dirty work yesterday when I took this picture.
View attachment 1906509
Awww! Chirpy would make a SUPER pirate! I wonder whether he’d put up with wearing an eyepatch? And hey, ain’t nothing like a hard-working man. :p

View attachment 1906853

I have a special finger for you and @duluthralphie for this. :(. It has been absolutely miserable here too.

But lookit what i picked up this mornin from my tree! Ain’t they just gorgeous! Two more days of this and there will be a puddin bakin in my oven. Yay! Not sure how long they will be a secret from the escape convicts though. Had a herd of em round me this mornin beggin as they fell in my bucket. One even braved gettin next to me and in my bucket.

It is wet and cold today with a 25 mph wind from the north...

55 degrees but feels like 20 to my summer adjusted body..

What are those things in the bucket?

Back
Top Bottom