A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

In order to get Chocolates, you must first have the brown (e) gene present. Sorry, I do not see any Chocolate poults there. I am seeing evidence of the black (B) gene, the gray gene (cg) and the red (r) gene. In my opinion, you have some Rusty Blacks in there and some type of Bronzes.

For the Chocolate gene to work the way you are thinking about, you breed a Chocolate tom over a Black hen. All the Chocolate poults will be hens and all the Black poults will be toms carrying a recessive brown gene.

Gotcha thanks! I thought chocolate because a lot of them look like milk chocolate. :). But it is most likely the black a d red makin it look that way i guess.

Gotcha thanks! I thought chocolate because a lot of them look like milk chocolate. :). But it is most likely the black and red makin it look that way i guess.
Your hen has no black (B) gene and your Bourbon Red does not have a black gene which means that some other hen laid the eggs that hatched the Rusty Blacks. If you have a Black or a Slate hen, the eggs could be theirs.

Your hen has no black (B) gene and your Bourbon Red does not have a black gene which means that some other hen laid the eggs that hatched the Rusty Blacks. If you have a Black or a Slate hen, the eggs could be theirs.

I dont have either of those. Maybe her mom the bronze has some crazy goin on it there. I dunno. People around here are hard pressed to tell the stinkin truth on mixes cause buyers want pures of whatever variety they are lookin for. Makes it a pain to get “true” birds. And turkeys are suprisingly hard to find here too.... fleacocks... a dime a dozen. Yuck. But not turkeys. All of the eggs were the same size, shape and colored. And she was the only laying hen gettin out. :/. We are content with the mutts cause they feed us and others. Anything we sell are labeled mutts lol. I was just more curious than anything. :).

Back
Top Bottom