A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Big turkey news!! Met my first fellow BCY'er today!! Mr. Fred Gobblers! And why the meet up? Well, I'm proud to announce he let me take two of his hens!! An Auburn and one that could be a red palm or some variation! Here's how nice a guy Fred is....he drove 4 hours to meet me in St. Louis! Half way for both of us. So I'm back in Memphis & the girls are unloaded. Gosh they are pretty! I decided to rehome my tom. My ideal flock is 3-4 hens. I now have four!! Daisy is older....in case of the worse I don't want to be left with one lonely hen again!! So joining Daisy & Iris is Marigold and Blossom! Pictures to come...too exhausted tonight. Oh....and poor Fred got to meet the coonhound! Big day all around!!

Thanks again Fred for everything!!

Big turkey news!! Met my first fellow BCY'er today!! Mr. Fred Gobblers! And why the meet up? Well, I'm proud to announce he let me take two of his hens!! An Auburn and one that could be a red palm or some variation! Here's how nice a guy Fred is....he drove 4 hours to meet me in St. Louis! Half way for both of us. So I'm back in Memphis & the girls are unloaded. Gosh they are pretty! I decided to rehome my tom. My ideal flock is 3-4 hens. I now have four!! Daisy is older....in case of the worse I don't want to be left with one lonely hen again!! So joining Daisy & Iris is Marigold and Blossom! Pictures to come...too exhausted tonight. Oh....and poor Fred got to meet the coonhound! Big day all around!!

Thanks again Fred for everything!!

Wow, exciting news! I can't wait to see pictures! Did Poppy go home with Fred?

@duluthralphie I'm glad I'm not the only one with surprise fall eggs! I actually haven't found anymore (i haven't gone out yet tonight) but there is a nicely formed nest with some feathers in it in the corner of the coop.....

Memphis took home a chocolate palm (maybe sweetgrass), not sure if it has n gene or not, and a red auburn.
It was a long day but was a nice visit with Memphis and her sister. Let's not forget the the coonhound lol.
I was in Kansas City yesterday, St Louis today, work tomorrow, then taking an older gentleman to Kansas City Saturday to go look at a car for his wife.

Road warriors! Wish we could have visited longer, but wanted to get the girls home before dark! Will be working on my laptop from the turkey pen tomorrow! These two are potential lappers. They just sort of hang out. No flightyness...just a lot of side eye! Of course after the day they had...they may have been stunned into silence!!

No....Poppy is being rehomed here in Memphis. Friend of mine lost her tom. She fell in love with him. And he'll be the only Tom with a much larger flock than he'd ever have here. It's a win-win! I can reclaim the convent and Big Poppy gets his own girls!!

That's an awesome trade off for Mr Poppy! He's going to love it and you can visit him if you want :) I hope your new ladies become great lappers just like Daisy! I can see it now, you going for your evening walk with 4 turkey hens just marching along in a parade lol

@FredsGobblers wow, what an adventure! You're all over the place! I can't handle being in the car for long. I have restless leg syndrome as a passenger and as the driver, I get horrible anxiety with highways and have a tendency to fall asleep. I make DH drive anywhere we need to go lol

This month has been insanely busy already between school functions and sewing. My old boss asked me to help clean their vacation rental here and there too since she's very pregnant and can't do it anymore so that's sprinkled in. DS needed a costume for the halftime show tomorrow. It's the last home game of the season so they're having fun with it. It took more time to put together than I thought it would (he's a Raven). The picture didn't turn out very well :/

IMG_20191017_153125.jpg

I have my winter workspace all set up in a corner of my bedroom and a PILE of saddles started. They just need put together. There's still more cut out in a drawer that need interfacing and denim to go with them still. I'm going to be busy for a while!

IMG_20191017_212621.jpg
IMG_20191017_212649.jpg

I got another turkey egg tonight. It looks awfully big to be a new layer's egg. I may just be firing up the incubator...

Back
Top Bottom