A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Blossom came barreling out of the coop this morning just yacking away. Picked her up for hugs....she just hangs in my arms. I hung on to her while we toured the gardens. Sat on the bench & she just sat next to me getting her snood petted. She's a funny bird. I love the different personalities they have. They are so amusing!!

Thanks Molpet!

The girls are steadily getting bolder. All three will now follow Daisy & I about half way down the drive. Blossom is the ring leader. Yapping the whole way. And a neighbor walked up to us & it didn't bother them. She did think Marigold was rather pudgy. She also thought Skinny Iris wouldn't make much more than a turkey sandwich!! Not sure why folks have to remark on their sizes!! Soon the whole herd will be taking strolls with Daisy & I...can't wait! They sure are a colorful bunch!

I had a jake squashed chickens and had a turkey hen tore up when the other Tom try to knock the other off the hen. I had 2 toms and 7 hens
R2ELK is right, you only have enough hens for one
I don’t know when mating season begins.I am going to follow the advice and pen the two extra males.I am assuming after breeding season is over I can release them or would this be permanent?if I have to keep them penned I will rehome.

I don’t know when mating season begins.I am going to follow the advice and pen the two extra males.I am assuming after breeding season is over I can release them or would this be permanent?if I have to keep them penned I will rehome.
Turkeys can mate spring to fall
I would rehome

It depends I how they react. I've successfully separated my toms and then put them all back together in the fall.

Back
Top Bottom