A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Aurora...did you recover from the 10 hours of shopping? It still cracks me up thinking of Adam stuck on strut! :lol:

Ralph...what a week! Finding that artifact AND making the Porter site!

Ok...so far we have:

Lap Turkey = those who seek out laps & snuggles.
Tolerant Turkey = those that are friendly and will tolerate handling.

How about "Lurky Turkey" for those that hang out but can't be handled.

That would give us three classifications. I think most of our birds would fall into one of these categories. One more class of turkey. Belly Button. I love Ralphs term! For any bird who misbehaving, is a jerk, or want nothing to do with humans.

@ duluthralphie - Got it. I think I've got enough cages for the time being if things get too rough.

I've got turkeys that like to hover around my feet and try to trip me - not sure what to call those.

My tom is doing better. Still not out of the woods yet, but his bruises are slowly clearing up.

The red one we thought was a Jersey Buff is not one either. He wants a couple more pictures of it

and the hen we thought was a Blue red bronze is not either...wants more pictures..

JJ and Ethel prove to be more special everyday!

Ralph - you had better prepare yourself for all the requests for Ethel eggs :) Those are turning out to be pretty darn cool! Will your DW let you have more pens for celebrity turkeys?? I can't wait to hear what he thinks they are.....

I love the turkey personality scale!

I miss my birds! It's so relaxing to go out and watch their antics at the end of the day and on weekends. I've been at hospice most of the time since being here and I wish I could have birds to see at the end of the day.....hmmm - I wonder if they let poultry travel as assistance or companion animals?? :lol:

Some pics of the sleepy flock. And what my turkeys are finished on.

Memphis-I'm still in recovery mode from shopping. I slept 4 hours yesterday after getting home but then we had to go to a parade since my son was in it and ended up there for a few hours since we had to wait in line to see Santa and go to the party a at the fire hall. I slept a good 10 hours last night but I'm still feeling exhausted. Not to mention, I drug everyone back out to the stores today lol. I saw a good deal on a bigger crock pot that I had to have :)

I setup dual heated water bowls in the turkey shed yesterday. Today I got a 5 gallon heated water bucket for the pony and looking at it, that seems a lot more appropriate for the turkeys than 2 - 1.5 gallon bowls. Does anyone use a bucket as a waterer?

Also, I think I'm battling Infectious Sinusitus in my turkeys. I giving them Oxytetracycline in their water, but I'm not seeing the improvement I was expecting. Is another antibiotic, like Lincomycin, a better option for treating sinusitus?

Back
Top Bottom