A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Finally raining! Left the girls in their pen. Not running around in storms to tuck them in at bedtime
Check out the latest in turkey winter wear@

I wish it would rain here. Every time we see it in the forecast, it seems to split right around our general area and not give us a drop. Everywhere, the grass is like ugly straw. It's not just my town. The whole park I work at and 40 minutes away down in the city where my parents live... it's all dead and dry. The tree leaves are turning brown and dropping their leaves (not all obviously). I don't think we're going to have a pretty fall this year, just brown and dead.

Sweetgrass poult with adopted mother Blue Slate hen
full

She always stays close to mama.

I finally took the eggs away from the unauthorized incubator today. She had 19 eggs under her. I replaced them with 2 fake goose eggs. I managed to pull this off without being pecked or attacked. She sure had her neck all snaked around ready to strike but just didn't do it.

Ok I need help sexing my turkey.He/she is about 5 months old,she is about 21 pounds (that was about a month ago maybe 2 since the last time I weighed her).I have never seen her gobble or display,the only time she does anything similar to display is during a fight (Gets into with the chickens occasionally).I have another hen (100% girl),who I have seen do a display,she’s just a small heritage turkey tho nothing compared to our big Broad breasted turkey who is the one in question.Here she/he is cooling off in the pool.
D5A96EA4-1095-4FAD-81B3-652865CC3F87.jpeg

I forgot to mention I often see the the heritage hen whom is the less dominant turkey often sit underneath the Broad breaths yes almost like it wasn’t to be breed with it?But of course the turkey being young it just looks at it like it’s nuts.

Ok I need help sexing my turkey.He/she is about 5 months old,she is about 21 pounds (that was about a month ago maybe 2 since the last time I weighed her).I have never seen her gobble or display,the only time she does anything similar to display is during a fight (Gets into with the chickens occasionally).I have another hen (100% girl),who I have seen do a display,she’s just a small heritage turkey tho nothing compared to our big Broad breasted turkey who is the one in question.Here she/he is cooling off in the pool.
View attachment 2302141
BBW hen.

Love moma turkeys beard R2elk!

Yeah Rjohns...looks like we are in for it. Weatherdorks unsure how much rain we'll get.

Coonhound got out of backyard! Neighbor came down to borrow something & he was loose! Opened the gate & he decide to take a run. But was caught in about 20 minutes. I keep telling folks to check to see if he's loose. My neighbor was running after him screaming. Then of course he didn't have a leash. My new rule...if he gets out on you...you have to go run him down.

Love moma turkeys beard R2elk!

Yeah Rjohns...looks like we are in for it. Weatherdorks unsure how much rain we'll get.

Coonhound got out of backyard! Neighbor came down to borrow something & he was loose! Opened the gate & he decide to take a run. But was caught in about 20 minutes. I keep telling folks to check to see if he's loose. My neighbor was running after him screaming. Then of course he didn't have a leash. My new rule...if he gets out on you...you have to go run him down.
Omg. This is why I tell people to call or text before they come over. 🙄
Well that and so I can make sure I'm dressed. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom