A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I found it….. :oops:
She was laying at 5-6 mo :eek: She was 30-35# live weight using the 72% conversion
I’ve had my BBs up to 5-6 mos but none ever showed signs of POL nor did we find any near mature eggs at processing time

I didn't weigh her live but she was a hefty girl! It was fun getting her feet in the noose to do the deed! We don't use a cone, we hang them by their feet and DH uses a hatchet and a log. This was her a month and a half ago with the heritage crew. She definitely grew since then.

20210812_061155.jpg
20210812_061410.jpg

I gathered any eggs that could possibly be hers and the then in the bator... hoping for something to hatch!

I didn't weigh her live but she was a hefty girl! It was fun getting her feet in the noose to do the deed! We don't use a cone, we hang them by their feet and DH uses a hatchet and a log. This was her a month and a half ago with the heritage crew. She definitely grew since then.

View attachment 2850389View attachment 2850390

I gathered any eggs that could possibly be hers and the then in the bator... hoping for something to hatch!
Be sure to post you hatch updates on the Halloween hatch a long!!!! :pop

A few pics of the toms starting to look better after molting still not there yet but looking much better than a lot of the finally broke broody hens. Had a few that I just could not break. Now that they have they are in a heavy molt and looking pretty shabby right now. Looks like I will have to get leaves rake out early not for leaves yet but for feathers in hen pen ground is covered
IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0330.JPG
IMG_0367.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG
☹️ Had to do the tom pen about a month ago. Will be glad to see all of them looking good again strutting around so proud with all those brand new feathers.

A few pics of the toms starting to look better after molting still not there yet but looking much better than a lot of the finally broke broody hens. Had a few that I just could not break. Now that they have they are in a heavy molt and looking pretty shabby right now. Looks like I will have to get leaves rake out early not for leaves yet but for feathers in hen pen ground is coveredView attachment 2851667View attachment 2851668View attachment 2851669View attachment 2851670View attachment 2851671View attachment 2851683View attachment 2851684View attachment 2851685 ☹️ Had to do the tom pen about a month ago. Will be glad to see all of them looking good again strutting around so proud with all those brand new feathers.
Don't forget about the Other Fowl Molt Contest.

Hatchlings from my Fall Fire Tom and Sweetgrass Hen. Two ended up being Fall Fire 1 Jake and 1 Hen. And five Sweetgrass 2 Jakes and 3 Hens.
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
Will use Fall Fire Jake to breed with a few of my older Sweetgrass Hens next spring and Fall Fire Hen with one of my Sweetgrass Toms from original stock. And will keep 2 Hens and 1 Jake from the 5 new Sweetgrass. That should give me plenty of different gene pools to breed from for my Fall Fire and Sweetgrass varieties. Then I want to start on some Penciled Fall Fire and Penciled Sweetgrass. Thinking about using the 2 new sweetgrass hens next year to start that project.

Back
Top Bottom