Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Jul 16, 2015
Wisconsin
Untitled design.png

Are Your Other Fowl Molting?
We Want Your Pics!

It's that time of year again where our birds start their metamorphosis into... well, okay, they don't turn into anything, but it sure is interesting to see them go through their molting process and leaving feathers all over the place!

For more information on your flock's annual molt, see here:

Articles:
Discussion threads:

How to enter
The contest is simple, post pictures of your birds in the worst part of their molt. Once we're past the molting season our esteemed panel of judges will pick a loser... er... winner!
wink.png

The rules are simple too:
  1. Must be your other fowl (turkey, peafowl, duck, guinea fowl, quail, etc., anything but a chicken). Chickens can enter the Chicken Molt Contest.
  2. No picture limit, post as many pictures of your bird as you want.
  3. If you have more than one bird to enter, do them in separate posts.
  4. Must be your pictures.
  5. ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  6. Molt pictures submitted to our previous molt contests are not eligible for this contest.
  7. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  8. All BYC rules apply: Terms and rules
  9. Accepting entries through December 31st at 11:59 pm Pacific Time
Good luck to you and your ugly... er.. molting other fowl!
wink.png

Prizes
If entries warrant, we will have two categories, "Galliformes" and "Anseriformes" and the following prizes will be awarded to both categories.

PlacePrize
1st$50 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
2nd$30 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
3rd$15 BYC Store Gift Certificate or a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.
4thA copy of the beautiful BYC 2022 Calendar!

Here are the winners of the 2020 Contest
20201010_210010.jpg
20200928_145622-jpg.2354191
Violeta Duck hard molt 2.jpg
@OneMountainAcres
See more pictures here.
@yesterDAYNE
See more pictures here.
@WannaBeHillBilly
See more pictures here.

defeathered friends.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I think you should - here is my Muscovy Drake during his 1st molt - I had no idea what was happening to him until I contacted a rescue group and they told me he was molting!View attachment 2824128
My muscovy are looking pretty ratty this time of year. I'm always happy when they grow in their fresh new feathers.

Back
Top Bottom