A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

20220118_120000_03.jpg
20220118_120031.jpg
20220118_120110.jpg

Lap sitting Rosabelle. She caught me loafing in the hay barn staying out of the wind and decided to warm up.

Just finished up smoking a bunch of breasts from those hens I processed last Thursday. They really turned out good pulled them out of smoker at the perfect time :drool Sliced 2 of them up still warm and stuffed myself, had them with cheese and crackers. Now I can barely move so stuffed, can see its going to be one of those early to bed nights.

I see brown on her meaning she is not a Royal Palm. Royal Palms are black and white only. If there is brown added, it is a Tri-color.
It might be the lighting, my phones flash messes with things sometimes. Ive never noticed any brown on her but she's the one turk I cant get close to so I've never really looked. I'll check her out next time I'm out and go back thru old pics before she molted. I don't mind if she isn't a RP, I just feel like I would have noticed by now haha.

Do turkeys fully molt every year like chickens do? I had never seen that before. Poor thing!!!
Turkeys do molt each year, but it can be a mild molt or a full blown heavy molt. My hens tend to have more full heavy molts than my toms. But they all seem to molt in some form each year. Stress and other things can bring on a molt also.

Back
Top Bottom