A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have been selling 2 poults for 25. Most people looking say they are too far away. Around me not many can have turkeys because they need 10 acres zone ag to legally have turkey or roosters unless they are in 4H. The rules are only inforced by complaints so ......
Here, people may come from right down the road or in excess of 100 miles to buy my poultry.

Here, people may come from right down the road or in excess of 100 miles to buy my poultry.
I did have someone come 70 miles to get pullets and hen chickens. She said no one near her had them but she didn't realize how far it was. I gave her some extra turkey eggs because I felt bad. .... and I wonder why I'm not breaking even 😂

I did have someone come 70 miles to get pullets and hen chickens. She said no one near her had them but she didn't realize how far it was. I gave her some extra turkey eggs because I felt bad. .... and I wonder why I'm not breaking even 😂
I have had two BYC members come from long distances. One was around 300 miles and the other from around 270 miles. These are one way distances.

I have had two BYC members come from long distances. One was around 300 miles and the other from around 270 miles. These are one way distances.
Another BYC member who is a regular comes from over 100 miles. I often get people coming up from Cheyenne (200 miles) when my free trees ad is up.

Wyoming is a sparsely populated state filled with people that are willing to travel distances to get what they want. At 80 mph highway speeds a trip from Buffalo to here can be done in under 1 1/2 hours. Back east it can take that long to go 60 miles.

Another BYC member who is a regular comes from over 100 miles. I often get people coming up from Cheyenne (200 miles) when my free trees ad is up.

Wyoming is a sparsely populated state filled with people that are willing to travel distances to get what they want. At 80 mph highway speeds a trip from Buffalo to here can be done in under 1 1/2 hours. Back east it can take that long to go 60 miles.
Yes that makes a difference. Around here way too many people have moved in. Work was 13 min down I 80 when I started in the 70s. When I retired it was 35 min to an hour to go those 11 miles.
Right now major construction to add lanes... it's a death trap and I go through town. Used to be able to go the back roads. But there's truck terminals all over the back roads. The GPS sends the poor trucks down roads with clearly posted 12ft 1 clearance overpasses and they get stuck several times a week.

Screenshot_20220427-090854.png

There's are signs way before the overpass too

Yes that makes a difference. Around here way too many people have moved in. Work was 13 min down I 80 when I started in the 70s. When I retired it was 35 min to an hour to go those 11 miles.
Right now major construction to add lanes... it's a death trap and I go through town. Used to be able to go the back roads. But there's truck terminals all over the back roads. The GPS sends the poor trucks down roads with clearly posted 12ft 1 clearance overpasses and they get stuck several times a week.

View attachment 3081507

There's are signs way before the overpass too
Reminds me of a semi getting stuck under an overpass. It just barely didn't fit. While the cops and everyone were standing around waiting for the tow truck, a passerby asked why they didn't let some air out of the tires.

Pressure lowered in the tires and the truck backed right out of the problem.

Reminds me of a semi getting stuck under an overpass. It just barely didn't fit. While the cops and everyone were standing around waiting for the tow truck, a passerby asked why they didn't let some air out of the tires.

Pressure lowered in the tires and the truck backed right out of the problem.
Yep lots of times that's what they do.
Sometimes the top looks like an opened tin of sardines

Back
Top Bottom