A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Believe me, if they have the true wild nature, you don't want them.

Also most states who do permit them, do not allow free ranging. They must be kept in enclosed cages.
Yeah I've had some before in the ignorance of my youth. They were an epic flop and when I think back on it, I get reminded I should just stick to the heritage varieties I have.

Gonna attempt dry incubation. I've never attempted it before but it's worth a shot to improve my hatch rates. My humidity is normally 40-45% with the water pan in the cabinet incubator and a loose cover on top to reduce humidity. Without the cover it is in the 50s. I took the water pan out and it is running 23%. Gonna let things dry down a bit to compensate for the higher humidity. The oldest eggs in the cabinet are at around 2 weeks gestation so they need to dry down some. I will keep the humidity as I normally do in the Genesis during lockdown. Hope this works! 🙏

Still raining/snowing so couldn't get very good pics but did get a few of 2 wild hens in with my extra toms. There were at least 10 or so other wilds around outside of pen but not as many around as yesterday (that I could see anyways).
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom