A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Last time 1 of my kids said that, they forgot

Than it's probably a good things you're moving :lau

3 of my 6 kids are moving with me...so they probably better remember that lesson.

Hey silkie! Welcome back! It's been quite a while since we've seen you. Sounds like a perfect place to be moving to (I know, I saw that on the other thread lol). How's everything going? I still have one turkey from the group from your eggs. Pebbles is my big sweet heart, loves to cuddle, and was the first one to start laying for me. The two boys were guests of honor at thanksgiving.

I ended up with a blue palm out of my birds last year. Not sure how, but definitely a keeper. I got lots of awesome colors last year. Can't wait to see what this next generation brings with the new color combinations.

3 of my 6 kids are moving with me...so they probably better remember that lesson.
I ended up with a blue palm out of my birds last year. Not sure how, but definitely a keeper. I got lots of awesome colors last year. Can't wait to see what this next generation brings with the new color combinations.
They probably won't

SS...I'd love to see a picture of your blue palm! Ralph is venturing into new territory this year for turkey color. He is borrowing a calico turkey from Holm for a month or so. Sounds like he'll end up with another 101 odd colors.

What are your breeding pens looking like this year?

Look how my fodder grew over night!!

SS...I'd love to see a picture of your blue palm!  Ralph is venturing into new territory this year for turkey color.  He is borrowing a calico turkey from Holm for a month or so.  Sounds like he'll end up with another 101 odd colors.

What are your breeding pens looking like this year?

I tried to load a pic, but my cell is uncooperative. I'll try later from the tablet.

Current pen for breeders is the same as last year, red slate tom over lilac hen & 2 bronze mix hens. Once I move, their babies from last year will be split into pens as well. The babies are 2 bronze mix, 1 blue palm, 1 buff (tom), 1 red slate (tom) & 1 that I'm not sure what to call the coloring of...maybe calico? 2 definite toms. Waiting for the other 4 to cluck or gobble.

I tried to load a pic, but my cell is uncooperative. I'll try later from the tablet.

Current pen for breeders is the same as last year, red slate tom over lilac hen & 2 bronze mix hens. Once I move, their babies from last year will be split into pens as well. The babies are 2 bronze mix, 1 blue palm, 1 buff (tom), 1 red slate (tom) & 1 that I'm not sure what to call the coloring of...maybe calico? 2 definite toms. Waiting for the other 4 to cluck or gobble.

Holm and I are going to fill up the turkey pictures at Porters!! LOL..
The Calico has a cgcg in it. I had written it down when I did the turkey calculator. We are going for some tri-colored mottled turkeys. I am also trying to get a couple more rusty slates. They turned out to be the genetic gold mine when going for different colors.

Current pen for breeders is the same as last year, red slate tom over lilac hen

Holm and I are going to fill up the turkey pictures at Porters!! LOL..
 The Calico has a cgcg in it. I had written it down when I did the turkey calculator.    We are going for some tri-colored mottled turkeys.   I am also trying to get a couple more rusty slates. They turned out to be the genetic gold mine when going for different colors.

Mine are all carrying hidden genes apparently. My bronzes aren't pure, so all kinds of crazy colors pop up.

Back
Top Bottom