A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

a frizzled turkey would be awesome

If it could survive our cold. I am guessing and I mean out of the world guessing here, that he stumbled on a genetic throw back that died out through natural selection. Most likely dying from cold, rain, and not being able to conserve body heat..

And like I said that is a grasping at straws ..

The other little poult survived the night. It slept in the incubator to make sure it stayed warm enough. I got it out first thing this morning and gave it some more water and eggs. Still looks very weak though and lays around a lot. I'm thinking is just a coincidence that it's the reds having a hard time. The other 3 reds are doing great.

did you give it a Probiotics?

I use it on my weaker ones and it seems to help. When I see one though I sprinkle it on the food of all of them.

A fizzle turkey.....it's cute! Sending the photo to Porter's is a great idea. I'm curious. Wonder if other folks have had them pop up.

did you give it a Probiotics?

I use it on my weaker ones and it seems to help. When I see one though I sprinkle it on the food of all of them.

I did not give Probiotics. Just electrolytes and vitamins. The little one is weak but hanging on. I really don't think it'll make it. But, in good news, I have new babies hatching today. BCM babies! These are the first eggs to be totally incubated in the big incubator and they're doing great!

I did not give Probiotics. Just electrolytes and vitamins. The little one is weak but hanging on. I really don't think it'll make it. But, in good news, I have new babies hatching today. BCM babies! These are the first eggs to be totally incubated in the big incubator and they're doing great!

PICTURES!! PICTURES!

So, I have this little nest thing made up with a rolled up towel for the weak baby to stand/sit/snuggle in since she keeps getting knocked over every time I let her loose in there. It works out pretty good. I'm still hand feeding and watering her and she's still eating what I put in her mouth on her own.

BUT it seems like every time I go in to check on her and make sure she's goid,she's been kicked out and someone else has stolen her spot!

And now, just because you guys asked, a lousy picture of the new marans babies. There's 5 so far but about 10 more eggs pipped :)

Last edited:
So, I have this little nest thing made up with a rolled up towel for the weak baby to stand/sit/snuggle in since she keeps getting knocked over every time I let her loose in there. It works out pretty good. I'm still hand feeding and watering her and she's still eating what I put in her mouth on her own.

BUT it seems like every time I go in to check on her and make sure she's goid,she's been kicked out and someone else has stolen her spot!

And now, just because you guys asked, a lousy picture of the new mandates babies. Theta 5 so far but about 10 more eggs pipped
smile.png
what's a "mandates" baby?

Aurora I love the little turkey towel idea! A little poult pot! I sure hope it gets better. The pics are great!

Back
Top Bottom