A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

R2elk hit it on the nose Return the TOM! Demand money for your hens!

On the Tom front. I have 3 Toms that signed their death warrants last night! They were beating the poop out of JJ. I jumped in and helped JJ. It was 2 against 1. It was humorous, when I look back, when I started chasing the toms off, they would run from me. I was slapping and pushing them away from JJ. NOT hurting type slaps ( do not think I was beating poor animals). At first they would try circling around me and run towards JJ. JJ figured out it was tag team wrestling and when I started pushing them he joined in chasing them. We ran quite the route with them stopping to take a shot at JJ then running away.

My DW saw them picking on JJ and she jumped in too! She is the one that ordered the death warrants. She told them no one is going to pick on her JJ. She then went and comforted JJ. It was sickly syrupy. She was hugging, petting, whispering sweet nothings in JJ's ear. After about 5 minutes of this, I was told the other Toms were going to freezer camp. We put JJ back in with Ethel for the night. I do not dare let JJ stay there as I want them to set fairly soon.

I need to check with the Lady Vet and see if I can do them this weekend. A couple of the my turkeys need to be retested because the tubes were bad, not because any of the turkeys having a problem. I just want to make sure I do not screw up the licensed hatchery stuff.

My Hen that tested positive tested clean at the lab she is out of quarantine as am I, I can sell birds and eggs again.

The babies (poults) made it through the night fine. New eggs into the hatcher today.

I thought u all might get a kick out of this pic in light of my recent turkey encounter. A friend of mine said it popped up on her fb the next day after the atack ..too weird, lol.

Ralph...have you heard from Coffee lately? Just curious how she is getting along with Porter and the girls.

It's that time of year. Half the neighborhood wanders down, beer in hand, to see the gardens & hang with the hens. The turkeys honestly love the attention. Toe nail polish will fascinate Annie for hours. So the turkeys are right in the mix. The chickens hang on the perifial. But the SS end up in laps.

It's that time of year. Half the neighborhood wanders down, beer in hand, to see the gardens & hang with the hens. The turkeys honestly love the attention. Toe nail polish will fascinate Annie for hours. So the turkeys are right in the mix. The chickens hang on the perifial. But the SS end up in laps.
Please post photos. Sounds like fun!

Isn't this the truth!

I put the SS chicks in to be tutors because of their outgoing nature. And Turkeys being what they are, when we come close to the pens all the chicks and poults are looking at us and right at the edge of the cage to get held! One little poult could become spoiled, it talks to us too.

Oh then I am not the only one to have this problem and really did not put muck thought into it till I read your post but ya so true but it is my Molten Houdan ladys that end up demanding the attention of visitors
smile.png

Marital Bliss & Chickens
DuluthRalphie:
Just read your article - hilarious and very well written. I am the DW whose DH puts up with the chickens. Our broody hen suddenly ended up with 7 chicks under her instead of the 5 she had a day ago. What? How'd that happen? I went to the feed store.
wink.png
Darn that feed store.

DuluthRalphie:
Just read your article - hilarious and very well written. I am the DW whose DH puts up with the chickens. Our broody hen suddenly ended up with 7 chicks under her instead of the 5 she had a day ago. What? How'd that happen? I went to the feed store.
wink.png
Darn that feed store.

Amazing how that happens..

I think those chicks are called ' spontaneous chicks" they just appear out of no where.

Back
Top Bottom