A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Man Ralph! You must have some serious denial skills!
lau.gif

I assume you must have a decent market for chicks in your area.

In Indy, there is a guy who ALWAYS has chick ads on CL. Just a few breeds, mainly boring high egg production kinds, nothing fancy or pretty. I see his ads all the time, but am never tempted to get any of his. But I imagine that the REAL farming community always has a need for efficient layers. But yours are "creamettes" and SS. Do they go to farmers, or backyard type folks?

That's what I want to know, too!
smile.png
What are Creamettes?

Murphy's law in full force!

It is like the  "white sports" I have had 5 hatched this spring. I want a flock of them so badly.  I have not lost many birds at all this year.  Maybe 2% which is pretty good for me.  BUT 3 of the whites have died!  One fail to thrive, one was trampled in a stampede of stupid birds when I fed them.   The last one committed suicide by  getting trapped between the feeder and the brooder wall. How they moved the feeder that close to the wall is beyond me!

I'm telling ya! My last polish, the older one dies this morning for reasons unknown and I found one of my young Marans, of course a pullet, in the coop unable to stand. I'm suspecting someone jumped down off the roost and landed on her back and broke it :( she has some use of hey legs but can't hold herself up. I may give her a couple days to try to recover bit is not looking good.

[COLOR=FF0000]GUESS WHAT, EVERYONE?[/COLOR]

I have eggs hatching today!....and tomorrow.. and the next day...and the next....

I really screwed up my egg setting somehow.  I was doing so good, until the turkeys and chickens started messing with the schedule.

Adam eggs are due tomorrow right? How many made it to lockdown?

So our little BBQ went well. Of course Daisy paced the fence line the whole time. And everyone wanted to let her join the party. Had to explain she's a theif and couldn't come out till all food was put up. She finally got released & she came running, flapping & chirping with Annie right behind her. They are both such attention hogs.

So our little BBQ went well. Of course Daisy paced the fence line the whole time. And everyone wanted to let her join the party. Had to explain she's a theif and couldn't come out till all food was put up. She finally got released & she came running, flapping & chirping with Annie right behind her. They are both such attention hogs.

Glad bbq went well.

Should have given her a chance as it wasn't pizza.

When she got out was she the perfect little lady. That just needed some lap time.

I'm telling ya! My last polish, the older one dies this morning for reasons unknown and I found one of my young Marans, of course a pullet, in the coop unable to stand. I'm suspecting someone jumped down off the roost and landed on her back and broke it
sad.png
she has some use of hey legs but can't hold herself up. I may give her a couple days to try to recover bit is not looking good.
Adam eggs are due tomorrow right? How many made it to lockdown?
Off the top of my head, I am too tired to walk the few steps to count....

wait.. there is a huge legal pad right here and it says Adams 6.

Aurora - sorry to hear that you lost your polish :hugs Hope your other one recovers.

Ralph - I cannot believe how many you have hatching, you are fully utilizing those bators lol! I may have to order a few SS once I get my new coop built. Finally got DH out into the yard today helping me, so I have hope we'll get to the coop soon :).

So I managed to bribe Coco out of the turkey nest box so that Big Bird could get in there. She's now been in an open crate since yesterday - sitting grouchy on the two ceramic eggs that I used as bait. This is not a happy turkey - I "looked" at her.... She's still in the coop but at least she's not tying up the whole nest box area - no one could get near her (3') without a hissy fit :rolleyes: I'm starting to think that chicken eggs may be the best solution.

Back
Top Bottom