A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Coco! Feisty, I know she's being a pain, but she's so cute!

Feedman, yes your right. They were the perfect ladies. Daisy hopped in my lap. Several friends wanted to hold her. She was passed around like a new born baby. Funny bird. Likes to sit on laps getting petted. I did pick up Annie & hung on to her. We didn't pass her around. She's not that into folks she doesn't know. But she'll let anyone pet her. But is only comfortable sitting in my lap.

Uh oh Ralph! That's terrible..

Uh, Holm.....can YOU account for your whereabouts today?

Yep I was in Minneapolis! This morning... Then I picked up some Buckeyes from Minniechickmama and everything after that is a blur...

Penny Hen....I realize the issues in capturing wild animals and would have done the same thing. I couldn't leave a helpless bird like that to fend for itself. I think you've impressed us all with your turkey wrestling capabilities!
lol.png

So what's next? Are you calling the wildlife folks? I'm so curious as to what caused the blindness. So strange.

I got the turkey to Walden's Puddle, our local wildlife rehab center. After looking at photos I decided that it was a male but it had such a tiny snood perhaps it was a yearling. But gorgeous feathers. They irridessed between bronze, gold, blue and green all on the same stripe depending on the angle of the light. I asked if they found out that it was a disease to please call me because I needed to know for my chickens.

I'm telling ya! My last polish, the older one dies this morning for reasons unknown and I found one of my young Marans, of course a pullet, in the coop unable to stand. I'm suspecting someone jumped down off the roost and landed on her back and broke it
sad.png
she has some use of hey legs but can't hold herself up. I may give her a couple days to try to recover bit is not looking good.
Adam eggs are due tomorrow right? How many made it to lockdown?

Her hips may be out of joint. I am working with a chicken who has one leg out. I am using warm soaks to loosen up the muscles and manual manipulation of the limb and wrapping with an elastic bandage.

Her hips may be out of joint. I am working with a chicken who has one leg out. I am using warm soaks to loosen up the muscles and manual manipulation of the limb and wrapping with an elastic bandage.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind to try. I did one and proud her a bit and she sends to freak out when I get to a spot almost directly above her legs on her back. I was looking things up last night on chickens and broken backs and found some promising things. I think I'll make her a sling to stand in to work her legs and see if I can do some serious therapy with her. I don't want to lose her too.

I lost three birds to a bird thief today. If I was not so tired I would tell you all about it..maybe tomorrow.

Oh no! What happened! Please tell me it wasn't JJ and Ethel!

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind to try. I did one and proud her a bit and she sends to freak out when I get to a spot almost directly above her legs on her back. I was looking things up last night on chickens and broken backs and found some promising things. I think I'll make her a sling to stand in to work her legs and see if I can do some serious therapy with her. I don't want to lose her too.
Oh no! What happened! Please tell me it wasn't JJ and Ethel!

Nope, it was 2 CLB pullets and Lucky, my poor granddaughters rooster....... I think I know who the culprit was though..

Holm and his "innocent" little sisters were here, when they left the birds were gone........Just saying..Looks suspicious...

Penny Hen....good for the turkey!! Please keep us posted. Still curious about the blindness.

Holm!

Back
Top Bottom