A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Hi. New/first time turkey owner. Been wanting turkeys for years but just kept putting it off. However, I've been living vicariously through your posts learning as much as possible. Monday I saw a young Blue Slate hen standing in a yard on a busy four lane road during morning rush hour. Did a u-turn through four lanes of traffic and caught her. Dressed for work and in pumps. Can't find anyone in the area missing her. No idea where she could have come from. I live in Memphis, not out in the country. So she's here, in a large covered chain link dog run. Added a lawn chair and we've been getting to know each other. My chickens are quite jealous! She's progressed from avoiding me to sitting on my lap. So that's how I got my first turkey! Just wanted to introduce myself....I'm sure I'll have tons of questions!

Memphis Welcome to the turkey thread!

As you have now found out, turkeys are luvable and friendly. I hope you and your turkey get to be great friends.

Do you live in the city? Do you have acreage for it?

Next spring you will have turkey eggs, another bonus.

I got my first chickens and first turkey this spring - I have to agree that turkey noises are the cutest thing. I love the happy turkey chirps. My narragansett is about 4 months old, and we're hoping to get some bourbon red poults in the next couple of weeks. Hadn't planned to get more right away, but just love my turkey and want more.....digging the brooder back out of the barn :). Learning lots, and have been reading the turkey forum for a while now - so glad to be able to read about everyone else's turkeys!

I could be in trouble! My hubby may not prepared for this :). Although I may be okay - the first turkey was his idea, so I'm sure that absolves me from any responsibility for the multiplication that happens after?!

Oh Yea it does!

Anytime the spouse says Ok. or even maybe, anything that happens from that point on is on their shoulders!

Back
Top Bottom