A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

One of the young Creamers learned an important lesson in the pecking order and how it works. The turkey hen with the two chicks was laying in the back of one of the turkey cubby holes. This young rooster was running around trying to mount a bunch of hens. Ray, the old CLB did not take kindly to this. He chased the young guy pretty hard. The young guy saw the cubby hole with the turkey in it and ran into it...

He was in all of about 1.5 seconds when there was a loud squawk and the teen creamer was flying out of the cubby hole at about 90 mph. He decided a ticked off old rooster is way better to deal with than a hen with chicks...

I fire up the incubator, it's OK honey, this is the last hatch. Really!

Hahaha
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f602.png

My wife just laughs when I say that now.

My wife just laughs when I say that now.

My husband just rolls his eyes at me anymore lol

He did finally say though that he wants the cabinet incubator out of the living room lol. He said that we need to make room for it in the bedroom somewhere. That lasted, what? 6 months?

My son told on me.Dear wife is mad as a wet hen. Not gonna tell her I'm going to pick up more tomorrow. As of right now she doesn't know how many I have.

Hubby have up on getting mad at me. One of the swaps I war at, I debated bringing home a gosling. They were so big and cute and hard to resist but hubby is extremely anti duck so I assumed a goose would be a big no no. When I told him that story, he just said, I don't care what you bring home anymore as long as you take care of it lol

Oh man it got hot today, and the 2 hens got off the nest and left a few still hatching eggs. When I got home from work I saw a poult heat stroked out in the nest, just laying there panting and completely limp. The other 5 eggs in there, 2 were quitters and 3 had died in the heat trying to hatch. I got the little guy inside in my hatcher with the other 5 eggs I managed to sneak out yesterday, thinking they would leave the nest today( they did). His eyes were going a little crazy for a little bit, and he was almost totally limp, but once I took him in and got him cooled down a bit, I stuck him in the hatcher to perk up. Bonus: this should encourage the other 5 to hatch right? He is walking a little bit and now holding his head up like nothing happened. He was damp when I got there, and he probably would have died if I had been a few minutes later.

Back
Top Bottom