A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Well I am happy to say Mabel will not die from her huge cut! I am surprised how fast those birds heal!!

Took Annie's egg away. Now she's sitting on an empty nest. But she does hang out with me when I'm out there. Wades in the pool, takes a dust bathe, forages, harrasses me, then back on the nest. Put food & water by her and shes eating.

I am glad Anne has decided to hang out with you and only pretend to hatch an egg when you cannot hang out with her...Silly birds!

My toms decided to spend the day having rough snood pulling contests. One of them was even holding his own snood in his mouth so the others could not pull it.

I thought they were going to hurt themselves and separated them several times today. I final locked the two up and kept the third one free that they were beating on. You would think it was March instead of Sept, the way they acted!

Holm - great news that she's getting better! It's amazing how well they heal.

Memphis - sounds like Annie isn't completely dedicated to being broody yet, I hope you can discourage her from taking up the nest box full time!

Aurora - expect to see pictures of your newest baby if you pick it up on Monday :)

Ralph - you have such adventures putting your birds to bed lol. Love the snood pulling contests - thankfully my boys seem to have given them up for the season :p

We had a pretty uneventful weekend, but it was mostly sunny so got lots of stuff done. The birds had fun supervising us giving some of the fruit trees a major trimming. They always have to be in the middle of whatever we're doing :rolleyes:

The baby chicks are getting close to laying now - they grow so fast! Still very much enjoying the Sicilian buttercups - I think I may breed them next year and get more :). DH doesn't know it yet though! They are such curious little birds, not afraid of anything, with very nice personalities (and pretty to look at).

Fiesty....glad to hear the update on the Sicilians! Im so interested in them. Will be adding to the chicken flock this spring & they have been at the top of my list for a long time. My SS are getting old. Need to do something.

And thats so "turkey"...cant do a thing without their help! Spent most of the weekend outside. We got a break in the heat & humidity. Since Annie is sitting on air, that leaves Daisy at loose ends. Needless to say she was stuck to me like glue. Everytime I'd go in the house she'd hop up on the porch rail & just wait for me to come out again. I think she's lonely without her buddy. Maybe I need to add another turkey hen.

Fiesty-I promise to take pictures and post them. As long as nothing changes, we are meeting this evening at 5. Who knows, if they're too adorable, I may grab 2 lol. Hubby knows. I had Cocoa and Mira outside yesterday with a little bucket set up with water and x Cocoa was literally crying because Mira would not swim with her lol. He was watching them and said, we need another duck, when are you getting one for her? He wasn't at all surprised that I said Monday at 5 lol.

Last edited:
Aurora...I always maintain you need at least three of each variety of fowl. If something should happen to one, the other isnt left alone. Thats the main reason I'd like a third turkey. Just waiting for a Mr. T baby! LOL!

Got that Ralphie? Waiting for a Mr. T baby. However, i did discover someone breeding golden Narragansett within driving distance. Tempting. Ralph, i could fly home from Minneapolis with a poult under the seat in front of me.....just saying.....

Back
Top Bottom