A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Huh....interesting info on the scovies Aurora. They sure are cute....hmmm.

Oh and by the way....my two hens are perfect angels at bedtime! We put the chickens to bed. I sit outside with them a bit while they do their bedtime preening....then its off to the coop. They actually are pretty going about going to bed!! Of course I turn down their roosts & put a chocolate on their pillows....

I can hear R2elk rolling his eyes all the way down here, south of the Mason Dixon! But your right Aurora....my girls are spoiled. Nothing like a hen hug!! I think the key to them behaving well is complete consistancy. They are creatures of habit. We have our bedtime routine. But I have it easy....I just have the two hens. Although I want to expand to three this spring. Just waiting for Ralphie to breed Mr. T to something!!
wee.gif

Romeo sounds like such a sweetie!!

I have another show coming up, I am thinking of entering sidekick. I was wondering if R2elk would come help me bathe him. I know he would be the largest turkey in the show, beings they seem to judge on size I might win even with the deduction for the missing toe nail.

Before I can bathe him though I will need help catching him and putting him in the kennel to get cage ready.

I am not sure what they mean by Slaty color in the SOP's. I think he is that. I bet he has the 33 pounds they want, maybe a couple extra even.

The toes will be a problem but he can only lose 5 points on them. He would be good on the rest, I think.

R2Elk I will make up the guest room for you....
lau.gif

I'm sure R2elk would love to drive over and help groom your turkeys!
gig.gif
Just don't wait up for him to get there!!

Ralph....how are you bathing these birds that you are having such problems? Normally when I set a bird in the bird tub they sort of enjoy it. My SS usually just go to sleep. With my turkey hens....I have a friend just stand on the other side of my grooming table and rest their hand on top of their wings and they don't go anywhere. They pretty much let me scrub them down. I've even given them pedicures. Are you using nice warm water??

I'm sure R2elk would love to drive over and help groom your turkeys!
gig.gif
Just don't wait up for him to get there!!

Ralph....how are you bathing these birds that you are having such problems? Normally when I set a bird in the bird tub they sort of enjoy it. My SS usually just go to sleep. With my turkey hens....I have a friend just stand on the other side of my grooming table and rest their hand on top of their wings and they don't go anywhere. They pretty much let me scrub them down. I've even given them pedicures. Are you using nice warm water??

There is only one way that I bathe poultry and that is with 160°F water after their heads have been removed.

Back
Top Bottom