A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I want to put up new covered runs this summer, maybe 3 more. That will help a lot and I want to make several breeding runs 8-10 ft wide and 40 ft long, tall enough to walk in. The one I have now is about 10 ft wide but only 5 ft tall so it is hard to walk in.

Wow, that would be amazing to have so many big breeding runs! I'll have to start small, I have to break DH in gradually ;)

fine than start small.........just get an incubator. They're small and don't take up very much room.
lau.gif

I feel like such a slacker! I'm adding two hens and debating the merits of a third turkey!! Aurora & Ralph's incubators are bigger than my van!

I turned on the incubator. I love it..

I disinfected it and have it running, with the old thermostat. I am amazed how accurate it is. I have an extra thermostat that came with it, and the herpstat. I might just use it as it is. And not replace until after the season. I have eggs to hatch!!

I am a tad disappointed, the turkey egg trays I bought need to be trimmed. Oh well, I can handle it. I still have way more egg capacity than I did last year, but about 250 eggs!

I feel like such a slacker! I'm adding two hens and debating the merits of a third turkey!! Aurora & Ralph's incubators are bigger than my van!

Do you get chicks or look for grown hens? How many do you have now?

We'll just live vicariously through them :) I keep telling myself that fluffy butt pictures are almost as good as the real thing. Despite Choas and his 'encouragement', I'm going to try to hold off on the incubator until I have the new bird housing up :gig

Do you get chicks or look for grown hens? How many do you have now?

We'll just live vicariously through them
smile.png
I keep telling myself that fluffy butt pictures are almost as good as the real thing. Despite Choas and his 'encouragement', I'm going to try to hold off on the incubator until I have the new bird housing up
gig.gif

Because having a turkey house that they refuse to go in, is so satisfying....

Back
Top Bottom