A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I think, after the spring breeding season, I'm going to sell 2 of my Bourbon red girls. Two of them are very skittish and really, I don't need 6 hens. That would leave 2 Bourbon girls (Eve and Mary), Sweet Pea (red bronze) and Pebbles (bronze). They're all my sweet hearts. Turkeys eat so much lol. I'm just thinking about it at the moment but I'd rather all my birds be friendly and trusting.

I understand just how many turkeys are enough?

I think, after the spring breeding season, I'm going to sell 2 of my Bourbon red girls. Two of them are very skittish and really, I don't need 6 hens. That would leave 2 Bourbon girls (Eve and Mary), Sweet Pea (red bronze) and Pebbles (bronze). They're all my sweet hearts. Turkeys eat so much lol. I'm just thinking about it at the moment but I'd rather all my birds be friendly and trusting.

Darn, I wish I lived closer - I have a surplus of boys and could really use two hens :) They are eating machines, aren't they? DH was just commenting about how much turkey feed we go through lol.

And boy they relish a good meal! My BR chirps with delight between bites of a treat! Daisy prefers to sit in my lap and be fed by hand! :lau

Geez! Thought my turkeys escaped into the hood! Couldn't find them. FINALLY I found them in my garage. I have a laundry basket with clean dog grooming towels sitting on top of a few crates. They were both in the basket. All snuggly. Wish I had my camera.

I'm just happy my towels are still clean. I cooped my chickens & when I came back Daisy was out of the basket. Annie was still standing in the basket. We had a nice snuggle before I dumped her back in her coop. They really are sweet. Nothing like a hen hug!!

Ralph...will your weather be nice enough to get your pens up this weekend? When does Mr. T arrive?

It is a few weeks before Mr T gets here. We are headed to a few nice days, around 30 degrees, I will make the pens and coops in the shed. It will take a week or so to get them all done. But it will be plenty of time. I will be taking the Blue tom and his girls out of the group real soon.

Back
Top Bottom