A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Boy south central PA is getting whaluped!

It's amazing how this storm is working. We only got 5-6 inches here at our house but in Altoona where my family all lives (about 35 minutes south east from us, only about 22 miles) they got about 20 inches! Here, roads are almost clear. We drove down to get pizza no problem. Down there, the mall is closed and church is canceled for tomorrow lol.

I am hoping my turkeys will calm down when I get them separated. It will be good to have JJ and Ethel by themselves in the big pen. ( with the guineas and some chickens)..

I want Sidekick to tame down and become a tolerant. It would be nice if Porter became a lapper, and I think he will but Coffee will do that to him. If she has him alone for 4-6 weeks he will be her best friend. Tonight he was a belly button though, He did not want to go into the pen, went by the door three times. My DW even called him a BB tonight!

When they get into smaller groups I will spend time with them. I may put a pen in the shed for them to spend time with me! Then move them back to the girls.

It's amazing how this storm is working. We only got 5-6 inches here at our house but in Altoona where my family all lives (about 35 minutes south east from us, only about 22 miles) they got about 20 inches! Here, roads are almost clear. We drove down to get pizza no problem. Down there, the mall is closed and church is canceled for tomorrow lol.

Are you at a different elevation? That might be part of the difference, and I saw on TV there were lots of pressure ridges.

Bird Bird has the start of a little beard lol. It's not like the boys, but it's 5 or 6 little bristles sticking out of her chest. It felt weird, so I moved the feathers out of the way to see what it was - and it's definitely not feathers. Do all hens get these little bristles, or is this the start of another "bearded lady"? I only have one hen, so have no one to compare her to :)

Thanks Fiesty! I think it's cute too. Ralphie finds it deeply disturbing. Seems to remind him of his past....

Back
Top Bottom