A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Aurora - we need some poult pics! :) I bet they're super cute - very curious what the blond one is. Could it be a bourbon red? My babies could have been described as blond.

Ralph - Congrats on breaking out the big bator, hopefully you fill it up soon :D

I've always loved taking pictures of eagles, never really thought about them hunting my pets until today :/ I would have been upset if they'd managed to get Bones - he's an awesome mouser and general pest control, as well as the best cuddle-cat ever. I'd have been really upset if they'd been able to hop into my bird runs. I really hope that they don't continue to check out the buffet here!

Ralph, I think your selling them to cheap. But then it is dependent on your market. Sounds like your selling all you can hatch!! That's pretty cool. Good luck with the new bator. Sounds like it's humming along just fine.

I'll see if I can get my good camera to work tomorrow to get some good pics. My guess is that the really blonde ones are either just Bourbon reds or they may have inherited that gene from Adam that can create the regal reds. Who knows. The one little red bronze poult already has tiny little feathers growing in! I thought that took a couple days!

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, my silkie chicks are doing a fabulous job with the poults. It's no wonder they make such great mothers. Chicks and poults are just attracted to their warm fluffy feathers! Lol. I actualy saw the one silkie gently tuck one of the poults a little bit closer under her chest lol. I'll die of laughter if they grow up to be roosters.

Forgot to mention, my silkie chicks are doing a fabulous job with the poults. It's no wonder they make such great mothers. Chicks and poults are just attracted to their warm fluffy feathers! Lol. I actualy saw the one silkie gently tuck one of the poults a little bit closer under her chest lol. I'll die of laughter if they grow up to be roosters.

So darn cute - man, those silkies sure start their mothering early :gig

How interesting that those silks are already moma-ing the babies. Aren't they just about 3 weeks old? Those poults may be bigger than the silkies in a week or so! That would be hysterical if they were roosters! Cant believe they are getting feathers already. Sadly I think I'd be sitting in the brood with the poults. Can't wait for those glamour shots. :pop

I forgot about the regal reds! Just wait till Ralph has a brooder full of his 101 different colored poults.

Coffee posted pics of her new roos from Ralph on Surviving MN thread. Geez they are cuties!
Aurora. ..are you selling the turkeys as poults?

Back
Top Bottom