A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

That dark patch between Daisy's shoulders is new feathers coming in. Quite a bit darker than her existing color. Is that typical? Do slates darken with each molt?

The "spots" on a Blue never come back in the same way twice. This year she may have more, next year less as I understand it. As far as the color goes, I think we get use to them as they gradually fade, then when the new ones came back we think they are darker.

I know I think JJ and Ethel are darker, but they are just their normal beautiful selves.

Last edited:
I figured the black spots would change. Was just surprised to see how much darker her new feathers are.

I figured the black spots would change. Was just surprised to see how much darker her new feathers are.

I am actually wondering if that is why Sidekick looks so off in color. He has not molted this year or last fall that I know of. Or it was real gradual and I just never noticed the molt. Which would account for him being lighter.

She didn't actualy let the poult out, I pulled it out to check on it. She was very concerned and talking to it trying to coax it back in but wouldn't move because the other one under her. Problem was, it was listening to me and coming to me more than her lol. I sick it around on the other side of her and it went back under. I just wanted to get s picture for you guys.

Aww! Look at Pebbles watching it. Is it eating? Looked like it was stuffing it's face! :lol:
She's being a good moma. So cool....

Ralph, Daisy's new feathers appear to be quite a bit darker. I'm thinking sun fading. Annie's new feathers are STILL coming in. Geez these girls are taking their time.

R2elk - Feedman.....you guys have lots of experience with blues. Do their feathers fade a bunch? Do they get darker with age? Daisy is going to have a whole new look with these darker feathers!
Once they both are done molting...which maybe mid summer with the rate they are going...I'm going to set them up a grooming table & take some glamor shots!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom