A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have no idea if it is true, But I have read a lot about blackhead passing through earthworms. I think it just means you have a better chance than I do here on my sand...

Earthworms are afraid of my dirt!

As I recall the dog training place was about 1/2 mile outside of town.
Oh thats not good.
sad.png
I have just three chickens, could they spread it to turkeys?

Was it on the west side?

I have worms all over the place. The chickens eat them. I think you either have it in your soil or you dont. Call your local university extention office & talk to them. My turkeys & chickens have separate coops and pens, but they free range together.

I have no idea if it is true, But I have read a lot about blackhead passing through earthworms. I think it just means you have a better chance than I do here on my sand...

Earthworms are afraid of my dirt!

As I recall the dog training place was about 1/2 mile outside of town.

I live on a sand dune, I brought earthworms with me when I moved here. Now anywhere that I water has earthworms. They do just fine in the sand.

Earthworms can be carriers of Blackhead but only if it is present to start with. If Blackhead isn't there to start with, it doesn't matter how many earthworms that you have. If Blackhead is present, the turkeys are more likely to get it from the chicken droppings than anything else.

As a gardener I LOVE my worms. The chickens only eat the tiny ones. They don't touch the big ones. I haven't seen my turkeys touch one.

Oh thats not good. :(  I have just three chickens, could they spread it to turkeys?

Was it on the west side?

Honestly, I think the best way to find out of you can have turkeys or not is to start with just 2 asks see how they do, then add more if all is well. I worried about blackhead at first too but I just went for it and all had been fine so far.

Update on the sick baby. She didn't make it. I didn't think she would though. She was really having a hard time. But, that's life I guess. 8 more poults went to their new home today and I came home with an order from the guy for about 20 mixed breed chicks lol. It's chick season now. Everyone's ready! More poults are due to hatch tomorrow but no pips yet. Hopefully they all pip overnight and pop out like popcorn tomorrow.

Sorry about the poult. But wow, you've really sold the heck out of those little guys! It's great! Now the chicks!

Back
Top Bottom