A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I got a kick out of how excited it got! My aussie hens are extremely friendly. Always underfoot. You can just reach down & scoop them up. Real easy going. Hope it's a hen. :fl

I got a kick out of how excited it got! My aussie hens are extremely friendly. Always underfoot. You can just reach down & scoop them up. Real easy going. Hope it's a hen.
fl.gif

Now if we just knew what she/he was....breed wise.

I am thinking Mom was by the egg, I have an BA rooster, a Partridge Chanticler, a EE and a EE/CLB mix. I see not CLB in him. The egg was dark brown so no EE mom.

He/she could very well be a PC/BA. Which is ok because I wanted to make some BA/PC crosses to get the cushion comb in my BA's. I am pretty sure he is not pure BA... LOL

Her Mom could be a Barred Rock too.

Or a Dixie Rainbow...

Last edited:
Ralph - that is the cutest little chick.....moves fast for a little one :). Hope it's a hen.

Aurora - Can't wait to see how Pebbles is with the chicks. I'm sure she'll be a great mom.

Memphis - Poor Daisy, she's got to hurry up and grow some feathers!

We have had like 5 inches of rain today - my birds ran around out in this all day....they looked pathetic....looked like drowned rats :rolleyes: Darn turkeys were parked in puddles on the ground. So I felt obligated to go out and get drenched putting piles of straw down for the them to sit on (they have big roosts outside.....but opted for the mud). They only went into the barn if I was in there - where is the logic in that?? It's not terribly cold out, but I would have thought they would have hated being so wet....

Ralph, it will be interesting to see what little Lucky grows up to be.

Feisty, my turkeys love water. Daisy likes playing in the hose. Go figure...

My chickens are not fans of rain. They love mud puddles and running water, but rain is not their thing. I have set up a sprinkler for them in hot weather and they even avoid it. (mister).

I sure hope Lucky is a girl. She/he is so cute.

I am having chickens molting this time of year. That is just weird! Daisy might have started a trend.

Back
Top Bottom