A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Mom of Silkies...they are darling!!

Holm...what a great shot of Mr. T! Good luck with the AI. So glad you replaced the sideways cow with Mr. T.

Okay Aurora...fess up...just how many poults are in your brooder?:lol:

Holm...what a great shot of Mr. T! Good luck with the AI. So glad you replaced the sideways cow with Mr. T.

Lol she was hanging beef!!

There's only 9 poults in the brooder..... but there's about 30 chicks in there too lol

They are precious! Where did you order the eggs from?

Blessings -

~ Aspen
I got the eggs from the turkeys from Murray Mc Murray Hatchery last year. And they are doing very well, I have them with Americana chicks and one muscovy duckling that the chicks taught to eat and drink. I got twelve poults out of this hatch.

I have a few eggs under my broody hen from my turkey hen one hatched but broke a main blood vessel and died and then the rest should be hatching in a few days the one is starting to break through the air cell so I have a question that I haven't got an answer to in another thread but anyways does anyone know how long after the internal pip does it hatch I had one that took two days after the internal pip to even start breaking through the shell

Hi all. I am getting my first turkeys in three weeks, which i am hoping to brood with my ducklings. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to keep the ducklings out of the turkey's food, as they need different protein amounts? I wondered if i could put the turkeys food up higher after the first week? how soon a turkey can fly/jump? any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

I have never dealt with turkeys before but can't u just get them chick starter or just get two diiferent feeds for them being that u said they have different proteins amounts what if u have two different feeding times or split the brooder in half

I have never dealt with turkeys before but can't u just get them chick starter or just get two diiferent feeds for them being that u said they have different proteins amounts what if u have two different feeding times or split the brooder in half

What protien do ducklings need? I feed ALL my birds (chickens, turkeys, poults, chicks) the same thing. 21% protien starter/grower. Everyone does wonderful on it. I know they say to start turkeys off at 28% but I don't and I have no issues.

Aurora, how many mottled did you end up with? And what other colors will you keep & grow out?

Ralphie, did you end up with any Adam babies?

Back
Top Bottom