A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I absolutely love my life. I love my farm I love my animals , me and my dad spent the last hour chasing a turkey hen around the barn. I finally cornered her in the chicken coop when she went in there I caught her with my own two hands of course she was pretty strong and she smacked me in my face with her wing so it's gonna look like My hubby punched me but that's OK. So I carried her over to her new turkey roost I made today. And as I climbed the ladder I had to have my dad push me up because my hands were full with the turkey. Once she was up there she was fine and then Porter followed her so hopefully they will stay on their new roost all night. Life is good,, sure has changed, :)

Hi Coffee....sounds like things are just wonderful out there on the farm! I've been turkey hen whooped myself! I had bruises up and down one arm so bad one of my co-workers wanted to know who was doing this to me! Took me awhile to convince her it was a turkey.
I have a little plastic cup with treats in it. I shake the cup & the girls know it's treat time. They follow me into the coop for their nightly treat. If I'm late they coop themselves, but are usually standing in the door waiting for me. You might want to start some type of bedtime routine. Might be easier than turkey hen wrestling!

Mine are obsessed with corn. They don't get it often but when they do, I'm lucky not to lose a finger from them grabbing for it lol. I have them a bit today but I took it or to them in a mason jar. I so wish I had a camera. Eve had her head the whole way down in the jar chowing down lol

Mine are crazy about rasins. Both turkeys & chickens. It's their special treat.
I sprinkle a bit of BOSS from the cup as a treat. But Annie hangs back and I let her stick her head in the cup. It's her thing...

I need more turkey poultry pictures! Come on ya'll. I need to live vicariously.

Can't add any baby pics, but here is Annie .... the green grass really sets off her red feathers.

I sent 18 babies off to a sale today.

So no pics of them but.

I had 1 hatched 1 zipping and 5 more pipped in the incubator. When I left this morning.

My phone is letting me post pics again.

I give you some baby pics when I get home tonight. If any more have hatched.

I have to set traps again. Lost a another bird to a predator last night.

That palm broody has moved out of the dog house brooding on the ground. Still evil and protective of her babies.

I need more turkey poultry pictures! Come on ya'll. I need to live vicariously.

Can't add any baby pics, but here is Annie .... the green grass really sets off her red feathers.

Wow Memphis she's pretty. Even Mars thinks so, not sure about JB haven't showed him the picture but he screams every time I get close to him. 4 weeks now and he's mostly healed still has two scabs on the tips of his wings where it looks like the sick people that had him before us burned or cut the tips so he couldn't grow flight feathers. Sick sick people

Back
Top Bottom