A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Esther wants blue slates some day. she would have to convince dad.

Or have an egg or two just magically arrive in the mailbox for her,,,
1f607.png

Ralph - Ethel is an awesome turkey, and she makes beautiful babies. I want an Ethel, but haven't found one with her looks and personality yet :)

Memphis - your girls are so sweet, and I totally agree - working in the yard without the birds is just no fun :lol: I love how they have to check out everything and inspect progress....

Peeled another three 5 gallon pails of apples today. I'm tired of apples :/. Tomorrow I'll start on the darn plums for a change of pace. We have literally tons of plums - I don't know who thought the 8 or 10 large plum trees was a good idea.... I'm not fond of pears, so I've just been telling people to come by and pick if they want them; waste of my energy to pick and peel something I don't want to eat :p.

There are so many wild plums that last year, a co-worker came by and spent several days picking. She picked 17 gallons of wild plums, and there were still so many more. Same with chokecherries and apples!

There are so many wild plums that last year, a co-worker came by and spent several days picking. She picked 17 gallons of wild plums, and there were still so many more. Same with chokecherries and apples!

Not here. Bad spring, snow on the blossoms. I had a bumper crop of currants which the birds left enough that I got one batch of currant muffins. They didn't leave any chokecherries except for the yellow ones. I protected the gooseberries and managed to get enough for one pie.

Not here.  Bad spring, snow on the blossoms.  I had a bumper crop of currants which the birds left enough that I got one batch of currant muffins.  They didn't leave any chokecherries except for the yellow ones.  I protected the gooseberries and managed to get enough for one pie.

Ouch, birds are hard on fruit! Mine managed to get most of the berries too.

We don't get any pie cherries because of the birds. But there are so many wild plums and chokecherries that there's enough for everyone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom